Myth: Team Free Will x Reader

this is really sad oops xx

You sat around the campfire, warming your hands. Beside you were a couple younger hunters you had ran into. Turns out you were all after the same thing, so you decided to work together. Plus, they were so young, mid 20's, and you could tell they needed help.

You were in your 40's now, and still going strong. You didn't really have any other choice. Have you heard of anyone ever getting out of this life? Dean had said that to you once. After he left Lisa and Ben.

If Sam were here, he'd scoff, then kiss you. Then we'd all laugh at the chick flick moment, and go back to hunting. Pretending it didn't hurt.

You heard one of the hunters mention 'Winchester' so you listened in.

"I'm telling you! Sam and Dean Winchester aren't a legend! They were real! They stopped the apocalypse!" The one girl in the group argued. Blonde and pretty, she could have found a nice husband. Had some kids, lived a nice life. All of these kids could have.

But the world was cold.

The boy sitting next to her rolled his eyes.

"They aren't real, May. It's just a myth."

You pressed your lips together into a thin line. Trying to keep the tears from spilling out.

"No, they're real! They died saving the world! My mom told me. They saved her once from a ghost!" The girl argued.

At this, your eyes flickered over to her. Studying her face, you thought maybe you did recognize her.

"Yeah, sure they did. Sam and Dean Winchester are not real." The other boy said.

You couldn't take it anymore.

"They were real." You said, and everyone's eyes went to you.

The boys rolled their eyes but the girl just grinned.

"Really? Did you know them?" She asked, excited.

You smiled at her eagerness and nodded.

"I loved them."

At this, both boys flipped their heads towards me, eyes widening.

"You did?" One asked.

"Dean was like a brother to me. Sam.....was my true love." You said, a ghost of a smile present on your lips.

"How long ago did they....?" The girl asked, trailing off.

You didn't need to think about it.

"16 years and 72 days. Those Idjits sacrificed themselves to save everyone. I tried to tell them." You said softly.

"What did you tell them?" The boy next to you asked.

"I looked them both in the eyes, and said, one day you'll both be dead. One day the bunker will be empty, and the impala will rust away among the weeds and rocks. One day the name 'Winchester' will cease to exist. One day, the story of Sam and Dean Winchester will become a legend hunters debate if myth or fact." Tears slipped down your face.

Everyone was dead quiet.

"One day is not today, I told them. So don't do this today. Do it One day. But they didn't listen." Traitor years dropped onto your hands as you placed them over your mouth.

"The last thing Sammy said to me, was 'Don't worry. We'll be back. I love you.' Then they left. And I didn't see them again until I was burying them."

"No hunters funeral?" The girls asked quietly.

You shook your head.

"No. I thought I could find a way to bring them back. Sell my soul, maybe."

She gasped.

"I'd do anything to have both of them living. But I couldn't make a deal with a crossroads demon, because they were in heaven."

You stopped talking, and again, everyone was silent as you sat and cried silently. The girl got up and came over. She sat beside you and wrapped her arms around.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Thank you." Was all you said as you cried.

You looked up into the night sky, the stars bright.

"One day, I'll join them. One day, we'll all be at peace."