Preference: How You Met #2

Sam:

You were sitting on the bank of a lake, staring into the water.

"How is it, that I can catch ghosts and ghouls, but I can't catch a damn fish?" You asked, looking over to your golden retriever sitting beside you.

He just kept on wagging his tail, staring at you. You laughed and scratched behind his ears.

You set down your fishing pole to dig through your bag and find the tennis ball you'd brought for him to fetch.

As you were searching through your bag, two things happened simultaneously.

Your fishing pole was jerked off the bank, disappearing into the water. At the same time, someone behind you yelled

"SAM!"

This happened to be the name of your beautiful dog, so his ears perked up at the sound. Of course, he decided to investigate.

You stood up to see who it was when Sam took off, bumping you down the bank.

You would have been fine, had the bank not been muddy.

Your arms flailed as you flew backwards, splashing into the water.

Luckily you could swim. Sam was barking frantically on the shore, and two men stood behind him. They were staring at something behind you in horror.

You turned your body around, already feeling the cold of the water seeping into your bones.

A trail of water of rapidly approaching, the water being kicked up by something under the water.

You turned back towards the shore.

"Sammy! Hunt!" You yelled, pointing to the rapidly approaching thing.

Your amazing dog understood, and jumped into the water. He passed towards it, barking.

The water trail stopped, but you didn't.

You paddled towards shore, but you were slowing. You were freezing now, your limps stiffening. You thought you were going to go down, when two large hands grabbed your arms and yanked you up.

It was a tall man, pulling you up from the water. He tried to pull you away from the shore, but you turned back towards your beloved dog.

"Sammy! Back!" You screamed. Your poor dog was yelping in the cold water.

He swam and jumped back onto the shore. The figure in the lake had disappeared, leaving you standing on the lake side, socking wet with your dog and two strangers.

"You ok?" The one who pulled you out asked, concern filling his voice.

You nodded, kneeling to focus on your dog.

"Good boy Sammy." You cooed, scratching his head.

The strangers looked uncomfortable.

"Who are you guys?" You asked, standing up.

"I'm Dean, and this is Sam." The other one said.

You snickered at the name of the taller one.

"Nice to meet you. I'm (y/n). Dean, Sam, this is Sammy. My sidekick." You said, smirking.

"Nice to meet you." Sam said, giving your dog a look.

"So.....what are you guys doing at my lake?" You asked, heading over to your old ford, pickup truck.

"Your lake?" Dean asked, skeptic.

"Not mine exactly.....but no one else comes here. It's haunted you know."