Blame: Dean x Reader

Warning: Talk of suicide, depression

Dean always hated himself. For letting his mother die, his father die, Sammy die. For letting Bobby die. Everything. He blamed himself for everything. He thought no one could ever hate themselves more than he hated himself.

He was wrong.

He was driving down a dark road, Sammy at his side blabbering on about some possible cases. He noticed a bridge coming up ahead, and thought he noticed something moving.

You took off your jacket, leaving yourself in a thin tank top. Your dog tags clattered in the wind, and your hair whipped around. You climbed onto the ledge, looking down to the icy water below. This was where you belonged.

The air was so cold.

Dean definitely saw something up ahead. A dark figure. He nudged Sam and pointed up ahead. They stared quietly as they got closer and closer to the bridge.

Your long hair spun around, and anyone around would have sworn you had wings, twisted and turning around your body. You held your arms out. You could fly.

The air was so cold.

Dean sped up and screeched to a halt right in front of the bridge. He jumped out.
"Hey!" He called, getting the figures attention.

You turned sharply towards the voice, almost losing your balance. He started talking to you, but you ignored him. You turned back out to the river. The water whispered your name. The babbling of the shore spoke your language.

The air was so cold.

It wasn't working. The girl wasn't listening to him. Dean growled, frustrated.

"Can't we just grab her Sammy?" Sam shook his head quickly.
"She could jump before we even got close."

You looked up into the sky at the moon.
"Midnight Moon." You spoke.

The air was so cold.

Deans heart lept. She spoke. Her voice was soft and watery. If he could just get her to keep talking.

Mother would be so disappointed. Father would be so disappointed.

"I'm going over." You spoke, leaning forward into the air.

The air was so cold.

Dean lunged forward, seeing it happen in slow motion.

Your hair whipped around, and you smiled. You could fly. You could feel your wings carrying you down to the water. The water where your nightmares would diminish. The pain would be over.

The air was so cold.

Dean tried to grab her outstretched hand as she leaned over the bridge. His fingers brushed hers, and for a fearful moment he thought he was gonna lose her. But his hand clamped around her thin wrist.

You were flying. You were doing it. You were going to be free. But you were pulled from your haven as something jerked at your wrist. No.
You were being pulled up, and away from the soothing water.

The air was so cold.

Sam helped Dean bring the girl back up from the edge. Her skin was pale and cold, almost translucent.

They brought her over to Impala and Dean held her to his chest.

"It's ok." He mumbled into her chattering body. "I'm gonna help you. I'm gonna help you get better."

You were pulled over the edge. You wanted to scream, to jump away to your destiny. To escape the prison of your mind.

But the air was too cold.