Disability: Sam x Reader

You were reminded of your disability almost daily.

You and Sam were going to the mall. You needed some new clothes, and Sam offered to keep you company.

You were driving your old Ford truck. Dean always gave you shit for having an old beat up truck, but you didn't care. The truck had been passed down from your dad, and you loved it.

You finally pulled into a parking place in front of the mall, and you and Sam got out.

You linked arms and walked into the mall.

"You're going to have to help me." You told him.

He smiled sweetly at you.

"I know. I'm happy to help."

You smiled back, and led him to one of your favorite stores.

The moment you stepped in a smiling sales assistant was by your side.

"Hi! Can you help you find anything in particular?"

"Um, yes actually. Could you show us to the dresses?" You were an awkward shopper. You hated talking to people in general, but you didn't want to be rude.

"Sure! Are you looking for formal or casual?" She was perky, she must've had at least 5 cups of coffee before work.

"Casual, please."

She nodded and led the way. Sam squeezed your arm reassuringly as you followed her lead.

"Here you are!" She said, gesturing to the rows of dresses in front of you.

"Thank you."

"Is this any certain color I can help you find? Maybe a light blue or a dark purple?" She blabbered on holding up different dresses.

You grimaced. All the dresses she was showing you were different shades of grey.

Sam finally stepped in.

"We are just going to look around. Thank you." He told her and then dragged you away.

Finally away from the way too perky worker, you pressed your palms against your eyes.

"I hate shopping." You murmured.

"I know. Let's just get it over with. I'll tell you which ones look the best."

You smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you Sam."

You were sure he was probably blushing, but you couldn't tell.

"Would you like a light or dark color?" He asked.

"Dark."

He nodded and began going through the racks. Every one in while he'd hold up a dress and you would either approve or disapprove, depending on the cut and style.

Once you had a small pile of dresses, you went to the dressing room and tried them all on.

Sam was an important factor in deciding if you got them or not.

An hour later, you and Sam left the store, bags in hand.

"You wanna get something to eat?"

He nodded and you headed to the food court.

You decided on Mexican. You ordered and they gave you a little chip to hold until your food was ready. It had a steady blinking light.

"It'll go green when your food steady. Then you just give us the chip and we'll give you your food." The worker explained.

You thanked her and immediately handed it to Sam. It was a white blinking light to you, so you would be no help.

You waited patiently, stomach growling.

Sam began squirming and tapping his feet.

"Um...Sammy? Are you alright?"

He nodded, handing you the chip.

"I have to go to the restroom. I'll be right back."

And he dashed away to the bathroom.

You looked down helplessly at the blinking chip in your hand. Even if it did turn green before Sam got back, you wouldn't be able to tell.

Great.

You tapped your foot as you waited for him to come back, wishing he'd hurry.

You were oblivious to the commotion going on in the restaurant.

"WHO HAD ORDER #118?"

You perked your head up and walked over to the counter.

"That's me."

"Your chips been blinking for 10 minutes now." The worker said, pursing her lips.

"I-I-im sorry. I didn't see it."
Your cheeks grew warm and your lowered your head. Everyone was staring at you.

You have her the chip and she handed you a bag of food.

You mumbled a quiet thank you before turning and speed walking away.

You bumped into Sam, and with one look at your expression, he grabbed your hand and walked you out into the parking lot.

You threw your bags into the back and got into the car.

Sam got in beside you, and you sat in silence. You laid your head against the steering wheel, eyes and throat burning.

"I hate it." You blurted out. "I hate it so much."

He rubbed your back.

"I know babe, I know. I'm sorry."

You lifted your head and wiped at your eyes.

"Me too."

You drove home in complete silence, trying not to have a complete breakdown.

"I love you." Sam told you, grabbing your hand and kissed it as you drove.

You smiled, despite your sour mood.

"I love you too."

Regardless of your disability, and the ignorance of some people, you still had your family. You still had Sam.