Snow: Dean x Reader

Your eyes fluttered open, awoken by the startling chill in the morning air. You slipped out of the bed, careful not to wake the other person still asleep.

You creeped to the window, and couldn't help the excited shriek that left your lips.

"It's snowing!" You squealed.

You ran from the window, out of the room. You took the steps two at a time, rushing to the front door. You swung it open and peaked outside.

There were several inches of snow on the ground, and giant fluffy snowflakes fell from the sky.

You closed the door before running back up the stairs. You jumped onto the bed, shaking the sleeping form.

"Dean!" You yelled. "Wake up! It's snowing!"

You jumped on top of him, shaking him until his eyes slowly opened.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing?" He groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"It's snowing!" You said, grinning uncontrollably.

"So?" He said, pushing you off his chest.

You yanked the covers off him, causing him to yell out in protest.

"Come on, Dean! We gotta go play in the snow!" You yelled, opening your dresser. You pulled out warm clothes, long sleeves and fluffy socks.

"I just wanna sleep. Come back to bed." Dean pleaded.

You stomped your foot on the ground.

"DEAN."

"Alright, alright." He grumbled.

You first pumped triumphantly. You slipped on leggings and a long sleeve turtleneck. You put on your fluffy socks and combat boots.

"I'll be waiting outside!" You yelled as you skipped downstairs.

You passed Sam and Bobby sitting at the kitchen table, giving them a little wave as you zipped on a jacket. You flung the front door open and jumped into the snow.

You stomped around, making footprints in the snow. You carefully cupped your hands together and made a snowball. You threw it at a tree happily, before you heard someone clearing their throat.

You turned and saw Sam and Bobby standing on the porch, cups of coffee in hand.

"How old are you?" Sam asked, scrunching up his nose. You glared.

"Hey, adults can enjoy the snow." You stuck your tongue out at him  and Bobby chuckled.

They both returned to the warm house, complaining about the biting cold. You skipped across the yard to where the impala was parked. It was covered in a soft coating of sparkling white. The surface was so smooth you almost didn't want to mess it up.

"There better not be any ice on baby." You turned around at the sound of Dean's voice.

"Dean!" You jumped at him, squeezing him in a tight hug. He chuckled, hugging you back.

"Come on, let's clean her off."

You rolled your eyes as Dean talked preciously of his car, but helped him clear off the snow.

As he wiped of the windshield, you snuck a glance up at him. He was wearing his usual jeans and plaid, with a well worn brown leather jacket. He had snowflakes in his hair, making you giggle. You scooped some snow off of the window and molded it into a ball.

As quietly as you could you creeped up around Dean, who was very focused on baby, and threw the snowball at the back of his head.

He shrieked as the cold wet snow slid down his head and down the back of his shirt.

"(Y/N)!" He yelled.

"Oh shit!" You said, turning and running. You didn't get very far before you felt two arms wrap around your waist.

You squealed in protest as he lifted you up into the air.

"Dean! Put me down!"

"Oh? You want me to put you down?" He said mischievously. You nodded.

"Ok." Dean suddenly dropped you, and you fell to the ground in a heap. You could feel the snow seeping into the back of your jacket and leggings.

You blinked snowflakes out of your yea as you just laid there, staring up into the bright sky.

Suddenly the sun was blocked out, and Dean popped into view. You slowly stood up, careful not to slip on any ice.

"You asshole!" You snapped at Dean.

"I'm all wet now!" He just smiled at you.

Stupid Winchesters and they're stupid adorable smiles.

"Do you wanna build a snowman?" He asked. He knew you loved frozen, and he was hoping that would make you forgive him.

If he thought that quoting one of your favorite movies and asking to do one of your favorite things was gonna work......he was absolutely right.

You perked right up.

"Yes!"

So you and Dean spent the next half hour rolling out a snowman. You gave him arms made of little metal rods, eyes made of screws, and a smile made of old rusty springs. All things you found in Bobby's workshop, of course.

You had even grabbed an old, grease covered plaid shirt and wrapped it around the giant ball of snow.

You stepped back, admiring your work.

"It looks great, babe." Dean says, kissing the side of your head.

"Looks like you." You said with a giggle.

You turned away from Dean's playful glare. You meant to walk back towards the house, but your foot caught a patch of ice. You slipped and landed back on the ground...again.

Dean snickered as he held a hand out to you. You took it, but then grinned evilly. You yanked on Dean's hand, making him slip and fall on top of you. You both laughed as you laid there in the cold snow.

Dean gazed lovingly at you and you gazed lovingly back.

He noticed all the little things.

The tiny snowflakes getting caught in your eyelashes, your cute nose turning pink from the cold.  Your lips turned up in a smile.

He leaned down and softly kissed you.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." You whispered back.

It was a beautiful moment. One that would remain in your memories forever. A picture perfect scene.

Laying on the ground with the love of your life, the soft snow billowing around you.