Singing: Castiel x Reader

"Come on! Do it!" Your friend urged you on.

You laughed and shook your head vigorously.

"No! I can't sing!" You yelled.

"Come on, folks! This lady needs some encouragement! It's just karaoke!" The bartender yelled.

Everyone started chanting, "Sing! Sing! Sing!"

"Fine!" You said, standing up and making your way to the stage.

As you were walking up, two men walked in on the other side of the bar. One tall with long hair, the other shorter, with short hair.

You didn't notice each other.

Sam and Dean grabbed a booth as you talked to the DJ, looking for the perfect song.

Dean ordered a greasy burger, Sam some salad as they watched you get ready to sing on stage.

"10 bucks that chick sounds like crap." Dean said, laughing. Sam silenced him with his bitchface.

"Ok, I can't believe my friends made me do this." You said, laughing.

"Pray I don't sound too bad."

A couple of people sitting at the bar and in booths chuckled as the beginning music came on.

You stood in front of the microphone, and began singing.

| You were my conscience, so solid, now you're like the water. And we started drowning, not like we'd sink any further. But I let my heart go, it's somewhere down at the bottom. But I'll get a new one and come back for the hope that you've stolen.

I'll stop the whole world, I'll stop the whole world. From turning into a monster eating us alive. Don't you ever wonder how we survive? Well now that you're gone, the world is ours.

I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me. But I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching. Call me a traitor, I'm just collecting your victims. And they're getting stronger. I hear them calling.|

"She's pretty good." Dean said with a nod as everyone stared at you.

He looked over and saw Castiel standing on the other side of the bar.

"Hey! Cas!" He yelled.

Castiel didn't turn to Dean's voice, instead kept looking straight ahead.

Curious, Dean followed his gaze, and found that he was staring at the girl on stage. You.

Dean looked from you to Castiel, confused.

You finished singing,

"Now that you're gone, the world is ours."

As everyone clapped and whistled, you scanned the crowd.

Your eyes lit up as you saw him, and you hopped off stage.

Dean watched as you jumped off stage and started weaving through the crowd.

"No......" He said to himself.

You wiggled around everyone and finally made it to him. You ran up to him and jumped, wrapping him a tight hug.

"Cas!" You said, laughing into his shoulder.

"Hello, (y/n). That was very good." He said.

"Thanks! Cas, I didn't know you were going to be here!" You said as you pulled away, slipping your hand in his.

"I thought I should visit." He said sheepishly.

You laughed and kissed him on the cheek.

"Yes Cas! I haven't seen you in forever!"