Lost Without You: Sam x Reader

You'd argued that school was pointless. You were already neck deep in the ghouls that ruled the night.

The boys, however, had different ideas. They'd insisted you go back to college and get an education. You fought with them for weeks on it. They weren't technically your brothers, but they sure acted like it. Eventually, of course, you gave in.

So here you sat, rapping your fingers against an old wooden desk that certainly didn't belong in a college as expensive as this one. Every Thursday you had a free period in between classes, and you usually spent it in the study hall.

You were listening to music, not wanting to touch your homework quite yet. Your gaze moved from the dusty desk to the open window beside you. It was a quiet, sunny day.

You wanted nothing more than to ditch this place. Run off to the park with Castiel, practice shooting with Dean, even research with Sam. At least he made it fun. And yes, maybe you spent most of that time just staring at Sam rather than actually researching, but you'd never admit to that.

You set your chin on your hand and watched as people walked by outside. Your music played softly, and you hummed along quietly.

You were pulled from your trance by the studyhall teacher tapping your shoulder lightly. She was a kind old woman, who always had brightly colored glasses perched on the end of her nose.

"(Y/N)? Two very handsome boys are here to grab you." She said, a smile on her face.

You ripped out your headphones and stuffed your things into you bag, before thanking her and walking out of the class. As you opened the door, you saw Sam and Dean leaning against the wall in the hallway.

They were clad in matching FBI suits, and Sam looked quite dashing if you did say so yourself.

"Really guys? You insisted I go to college, yet you pull me out?" You faked annoyance. In reality, you were overjoyed. You preferred the hunt over school any day.

Sam smiled and shook his head, Dean just rolled his eyes.

"Come on, (Y/N). We need you to help question some traumatized teens." Dean said, leading the way off campus and out to the Impala.

"I'm not a teen?" You ended your statement as a question as you slid into the backseat.

"Pretty close." Dean said with a smirk.

You reached up to the front seat and smacked Dean in the back of his head.

"Watch it Deanie." You warned.

Sam just laughed.

Dean finally pulled into the driveway of a small, charming house, where you eventually questioned the frightened teenagers.

By time you all left, dusk was just breaking.

"We need to take care of this now." Dean said grimly as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Are we sure it's a wendigo?" You asked, flipping through John's journal.

Sam nodded. "We gotta do this tonight."

A silence fell over the car as Dean drove to the edge of the woods. The trees were dark, and you got shudders just looking into the darkness.

"You're gonna have to stay here, (y/n)." Sam said as Dean parked.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I got homework to do." You complied, pulling out your notebook. You had a 5 page essay due in a couple days, and you hadn't written a single word.

"Stay in the car, you have your gun, right?" Dean checked. You rolled your eyes.

"Yes Dean, I'm fine. Besides, what's the worst that could happen?" You chuckled.