Little Girl: Team Free Will x Reader

The little girl was sitting on the couch, staring at the TV in front of her. She watched Seasme Street, giggling every time The Cookie Monster said something funny. She understood what they were saying, she just couldn't get her own mouth to say it.

Her daddy said it was because she was stupid, and she didn't know anything else, so she believed him.

Just then her daddy came home, stomping into the house. He sat on the couch beside her, and out of instinct she curled slightly away from him.

"Turn this shit off." He grumbled. She switched the channel to the news, which she knew was the only thing her daddy liked to watch.

"Go do the dishes so I can cook dinner."

She slipped down off the couch, and went into the kitchen, grabbing a chair so she could reach the sink.
Her daddy never made dinner, but she knew better than to argue. So she climbed up the chair and spent the next hour washing the dishes.

Just as she finished, her daddy entered the kitchen and studied the dishes she had just done. He picked a piece of food off of one of the plates, and his face grew angry.

"You can't even do the dishes right, you worthless piece of shit." He slapped the girl, making her slip to the floor.

She didn't react, only stayed on the floor until her daddy walked away. The little girl picked herself up and wiped away the blood on her face. Her daddy's rough hand had cut her lip, and it stung. But she'd done this before. So she cleaned herself up, and re-washed the plate.

"GO GET THE MAIL, GIRL!" Her daddy called from his room, shaking the whole house.

She put her shoes on, fumbling with the strings as her tiny fingers tried to tie them.

She opened her front door and hopped down the steps towards the mailbox. It was much taller than her, so she had to climb up the wooden fence surrounding her yard. She had to be careful, or else she'd prick her hand on one of the old nails sticking out.

As she jumped off the fence with mail in hand, a car pulled up into her driveway. Two strangers got out, wearing fancy clothes, and she scampered back to the porch.

Her guard dog stood up on the porch, walking to meet her as she rushed away from the strangers walking towards the house. They had mean looks on their faces, and they scared her.

Her daddy taught her to never ever mess with strangers. Her dog began barking as the people came closer, coming through the wooden gate.

She ran into the house, slamming the door shut and nearly running into her daddy.

"If you don't get that dog of yours to shut up I'm taking him away." He growled, taking the mail off of her. She pulled on his sleeve and pointed outside.

Just then, a knock rang through the house. Scared, she dove behind the couch. She peeked out as her daddy stormed to the door and yanked it open.

She listened to her daddy talk to the strangers for a moment before they came inside. They were asking daddy a lot of questions, all about Kyle, who used to live down the road.

She remembered Kyle. He was friends with her daddy, and he used to come visit all the time. She did not like him one bit, he always got too close. She was glad he didn't come over anymore.

She was very confused as she watched her daddy talk to the strangers. When she was outside, only two people got out of the car. But now there were three people. She studied the new stranger. He didn't match the other two, and she thought he looked rather nice. In fact, now that she could see their faces up close, all the strangers looked quite nice.

As she stared at the strange visitors, the third one turned around and looked straight at her. His eyes were bright blue and he had a long coat on.

While his two friends talked to her daddy, the third one walked over to her and kneeled down beside her.

"Are you ok?" He asked, gesturing to the cut on her lip.

She nodded.

"I can help make it better, if you'd like?" He offered.

She nodded again, eyes wide.

The stranger set a gentle hand on her shoulder, and she waited for something to happen. But nothing did. Her lip still stung, and she still had the faint metallic taste of blood in her mouth.

"I do not under-"

"HEY! GET AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER." Her daddy interrupted the stranger, grabbing his collar and yanking him away.

She would've screamed, had she been able to make any sounds. But she did the only thing she could; she stopped him.

Just as he was throwing the nice man across the room, she furrowed her eyebrows and suddenly it was her daddy that being flung to the floor.

He stood up, looking shocked for a moment before hollering again.

"You unbelievable bitch!" He roared, swinging his hand towards her.

But in the blink of an eye, the kind man reached for her hand and she was blinded by a bright white light.

When she opened her eyes again, she was sitting in a car as it drove down the road. She was sitting in the backseat with the kind man.

"We're taking you somewhere better, ok?" The kind man assured her as she held his hand tightly.
"Somewhere no one will ever hurt you again."

She smiled. She would love to go to such a place.

"Thank you." She finally said.

By the two people in the front seat didn't hear her, just the kind man.

Only it wasn't out loud, it was in his head.