Wings: Castiel x Reader

You were sitting on a cheap motel bed, researching for a case that popped up.

You, of course, weren't going anywhere as Sam and Dean kept telling you.

You'd run into them accidentally almost a year ago through Bobby, of all people.

You'd all gained each other's trust, which you thought was a good thing until the overprotectiveness kicked in. They let you question and research to your hearts desire. But actual hunting? You sat out for most of it.

You didn't meet Castiel until a couple months ago. The first thing you noticed were his wings. Big and majestic, they took up the whole room.

Back then, you weren't as comfortable around the Winchesters as you were now. Back then, you didn't like to ask too many questions about their crazy life.

When you met Castiel, no one said anything about the wings, so consequently you kept quiet. You didn't want to cause any trouble.

Flashing forward to the present, you still never mentioned them. You'd seen them plenty of times, yet every time Cas popped up, they took your breath away.

You shut your computer, rolling off the bed.

"I'm so bored." You groaned.

Dean chuckled from the other motel bed.

You stared at Sam, who was sitting at a little wooden table across the room.

You just kept staring and staring until eventually he looked up.

"What?"

"When are we having dinner?" You asked. You were starving.

"You're always hungry." Sam argued, continuing his research. You groaned.

You heard a rustle of wings beside you, and smiled. Your favorite angel was in. You turned and saw Castiel sitting on the couch beside the beds.

"Hello (y/n)."

Dean could've sworn he heard a bit of....endearment in Cas's voice, but he didn't voice his observation.

You stared at his big dark wings, taking them in.

"What are you looking at?" Cas asked.

It wasn't a topic you were supposed to talk about, or so you thought, so you shrugged.

Cas looked bored, so you grabbed a magazine from the side table and threw it on the couch beside him. He nodded in thanks and started flipping through it. He stretched his wings out and rested them on the back of the couch.

You were about to ask about dinner again, when Sam stood up. Laptop in hand, he moved towards the couch and sat beside Castiel.

Cas brought his wing in awkwardly to avoid having it sat on by Sam. Now he was all folded up, feathers fluttering around.

You narrowed your eyes. You'd noticed the boys always getting in the way of his wings.

Cas was too kind to say anything. He'd always just fold his wings in and continue on. Castiel looked very uncomfortable, with one wing spread out and the other folded into his side.

"You couldn't have just sat somewhere else, Sam?" You said, deciding to finally speak up about it. It was rude and uncalled for.

Everyones eyebrows went up in confusion and surprise at your statement.

"What?" Sam asked incredulously. As if he had no idea what was going on.

"You didn't leave any room for Cas' wings! Now he's all scrunched and folded up you assbutt!" You snapped.

Everyone's eyes widened. Castiel looked like he was going to faint. If angels even did faint.

"You can see my wings?" His voice was tight. You rolled your eyes.

"Um, yeah. What kind of question is that? I've always been able to see them." A smile tugged at one corner of Dean's lips.

"Hey Cas, didn't you say that the only people who could see Angels wings were their soul ma-"

"Dean." Castiel cut him off. Dean just started chuckling.

You were frozen, your gaze on Castiel and his wings.

"Well." You started, then cleared your throat.

Everyone stared at you, waiting for you to finish your sentence.

"Um.....Is now a good time to announce I have a crush on Cas?"