꧁•⊹٭𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝙾𝚕𝚍 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙵𝚊𝚌𝚎٭⊹•꧂

Chrollo had stood up from his previous sitting position once he had noticed the difference in her breathing pattern

The beeping of the monitors just confirmed it.

With a soft-lipped smile, the ebony-haired man took silent steps towards the now awaken and worried female.

She looked a bit different since the last time he had seen her, her hair was noticeably longer, softer to the touch, much like her skin, which almost shinned against the blinding LED lights that brightened the white room.

She smelled sweet too, at least that was before she was showered down upon arrival, disinfecting her of any outside residue.

He was almost tempted to touch her.

"Ah, so you're awake, 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒚"

He could instantly hear her take a breath in, more likely in shock than anything else.

"It took you an amazing minute and fifteen seconds to come to your complete senses." He praised her, never ceasing to amaze him with her ability to adapt to any given situation.

"You're far more impressive than what my.. business associates give you credit for, miss bunny."

He gave her a smirk that she couldn't see, yet one that she would undoubtedly feel.

She hesitated for a moment, he could tell that she was thinking and pondering on who he might be, his ghost of a smile remained planted on his face before she spoke up, the first time he had heard her voice in years.

"Chrollo."

His slight smile hesitated to expand, yet he refused, though he did close his eyes momentarily. Hearing her speak after two years was almost enough to send euphoria through his veins, yet he remained composed.

"It's nice to see you again number eight."

He could see her bite her lip at this, aggravation more so than not, he knew she hated to be reminded of this part of her past, something so taboo yet something that partly made her who she is today.

She chose not to comment on his words, he was taunting her, she knew him and his ways, always playing with his prey and never serious, he was toying with her.

It still pissed her off.

Despite seeing her inner battles entertaining, the deep grey eyes loom over her figure before his left-hand reaches and tucks a loose strand of (e/c) hair behind her ear, his hands slightly touching her face as he did so.

He could feel her shiver slightly at his faint touch, it's been so long since he's done such a thing.

Upon feeling his cold hand, the (e/c) eyed girl immediately felt a rush of warmth coarse through her body, finally being able to feel herself once again, feel warm and in control of her own senses, a shaky breath lets itself out as her eyelids open on their own.