☾❦✢𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧✢❦☽

Had she ever felt so hollow?

Had she ever been so lost?

Had she ever known the feeling of being this numb?

She wouldn't know for she doesn't have a memory, not a single one with these current emotions that currently fuel her unknown rage.

As the shards of the glass of the mirror before her dangle, a frail light reflection gleams across her face, highlighting the scarlet right eye the girl bears.

The color didn't go away after she first discovered it in the reflection of the twin pillard jars.

Nor did the constant rhythmic thumping of her cranium right from behind her newfound scarlet eye.

Was her other eye scarlet as well?

Why couldn't she remember her own eye color?

Why couldn't she remember why this feeling feels so familiar?

Who was lying to her? Herself or someone else?

The searing pain from her right hand didn't stop stinging even as she tried to numb it with the cold water rushing out of the faucet, the clear water running a tainted red.

The pain didn't bother her, after all, she's been through worse.

Yet, despite her knowing she's been through worse why was it that the more she thought about those memories she sees more static?

It was as if there were static boxes that took up bits and pieces of her memory, why did the static seem so familiar yet so unknown and new?

Taking her white T-shirt by its hem, the girl rips the fabric, just enough to be able to wrap her self-given wound, the fabric already being tainted by the faded blood that refused to wash away with the water.

She first thought that if she distracted herself with temporary pain she could rid herself of the oddly haunting of her newfound scarlet eye.

Yet it only caused it to glow brighter, the shade shifting hues of vibrant scarlet to fuchsia and magenta bleeding into the dark scarlet that shouted at her in highlight.