Chapter ◦12••

Hey guys, happy Valentine's Day! Or anti-Valentine's day depending on your situation! I hope you'll have a great day today & also hope you'll enjoy reading this chapter! I'm so in love with writing for this story right now that I haven't written for unexpected Christmas surprise in a little while anymore but I'll get back to that soon as well!

I just really fell in love with this story again and I am filled with ideas for it. I really want to some time finish this story! But I'm not planning on finishing this yet, I just really wanna progress it!

I hope you guys like this chapter. I'd love to hear what you think! And if you can, please leave a vote ⭐️ 'cause it'd help me out sooo much! Thank you in advance guys! And thanks for your support ❤️ enjoy! It's quite a long one!

Word count: 7023

~~

The next morning, Josh got Riley up, dressed her and made her breakfast before Kathy came down. "Good morning!" Josh said as if it was the most normal thing in the world, and if she could pretend nothing happened the day before, then so could he. "You're bringing Riley to school today right?" he said and she nodded. "Shouldn't you be going to work?" She asked. "Yeah, in a few minutes", Josh said. "Gotta get my girl ready first", he said as he pressed a kiss on Riley's hair. "And my own lunch", he said as he prepared something for himself, as well as Riley's lunch. Tyler had taught him how to do it without giving Riley too much - or too little - and he just didn't want Kathy to do it. Josh was gonna be a better dad.

Once he was done he checked the time and saw that Riley and Kathy had to leave in about ten minutes. "I gotta go, sweetie", Josh said as he went up to Riley. "I'll see you tonight, hm? Have fun at scool, sweetie. I love you so much!" Josh said and Riley pecked Josh's lips before she hugged him tightly. "I love you daddy, see you tonight", she said, kissing his cheek. Josh pressed a kiss on her forehead and he turned around. "Bye, see you tonight", he said to Kathy who just hummed. Josh rolled his eyes as he left the kitchen, then went outside and to his car with his bag.

He wasn't even going to work. He had something more important to do today. He wished he didn't have to leave before Kathy did, but to keep his act up, he had to. He got in his car and drove about fifteen minutes into the other direction, before he turned around and drove back so he would be sure that Kathy would be gone. Josh drove to Tyler's apartment and he parked his car. He went inside when someone exited, so he didn't have to ring the doorbell for Tyler to open the door downstairs. He went up to Tyler's floor and to his apartment, where he knocked on the door.

The door opened, but it wasn't Tyler. Josh was confused; why was this guy opening Tyler's door in the morning?

"Oh! Aren't you Mr. Dun?" He said. "...yes, who are you?" Josh asked. "Michael! Tyler's best friend", he said. "Oh! Oh good god okay great, hi! Was scared Tyler had a boyfriend he hadn't told me about for a minute", he laughed, and Michael laughed too. "No no, don't worry! That's not the case, Tyler doesn't have a secret relationship with anyone, Mr. Dun", he chuckled. "Thank God. Call me Josh, please", he said. "Can I uh- can I come in? I gotta speak to Tyler", Josh said. "Of course, yeah, come in. Ty! You got a visitor!" Michael yelled as he let Josh in and closed the door. "Coffee?" he asked. "Uh yeah, please", Josh replied.

Tyler appeared in the doorway of his bedroom, only wearing sweatpants without a shirt, and Josh couldn't lie that he'd missed that sight. "Oh Josh! What are you doing here? I thought I could start later-", Tyler started as he walked closer to Josh. "Yeah! Yeah that still stands", Josh said. "No I gotta talk to you, I discovered something last night", he said. "And I couldn't text you and I have a meeting with a lawyer in two hours so I wouldn't see you until later today and then Riley will be back and after that Kathy so- uhm anyways, I discovered something", he said. Tyler waited for him to say what he discovered.