Chapter ◦◦◦•••••40•••••

Hey guys! Whooh I don't usually update on Saturday because I'm always pretty busy but yay got time to update!

Thank you all again for the votes and comments on last chapter 🥺 really makes me so happy each time.

Did you guys go see TOP in the movie theater? What did you think? I loved rewatching it & wished I could rewatch it in the theater for like a week haha. It's just so good, and I miss it already. So glad I got a recording of the full livestream from a friend who got it in max quality last year so I can still rewatch it at home 😁 my mom and sister saw it for the first time on Thursday and looooved it. I'm just so happy I could watch it again. I love it.

Anyways, let's focus on the next chapter shall we? 😊 I hope you'll enjoy it! I definitely liked writing it, so I hope you like reading it. I would love to hear what you guys think of this new chapter. I'm looking forward to it, it's a long one!

Let's get into it. Thank you for your support! I hope to hear from you so you can let me know what you thought of this chapter. ♥️ if you could leave a vote, I would appreciate that so so much. Thank you in advance ♥️ here's chapter 40! Cant believe we're at that number already. Enjoy!

Word count: 7159

~~

"Another play date, huh?" Arin said with a smile as he lightly shoved Josh, who returned it, a little forced. "Yeah, I figured you and Zora would like to join if you had time", Josh said, sitting on a bench with Arin in the huge indoor playground that the men had taken their daughters to. They watched the girls play together, having fun, as they watched over the snacks and drinks that they had brought.

"Of course, we always do! Too bad Tyler couldn't join, hm?" Arin said as he rested his head on Josh's shoulder. "Yeah well", Josh sighed. "I wouldn't have wanted him here today anyways, even if he didn't have pneumonia", he said. Arin lifted his head up, surprised, as the words had left Josh's mouth. "Okay what happened?" He asked. "Nothing", Josh muttered. "Yeah you're not gonna fool me with that. Come on, talk to me. The girls are playing, they're not paying attention. What happened?" Arin asked.

Josh sighed softly as he stared at the playground equipment. "Tyler found audio of Kathy yelling at and threatening me", Josh said. "And a video where, in the background, through the kitchen window, Kathy hits me."

"Are you for real? Wait isn't that a good thing? That's more proof right?" Arin asked. "Yeah it's more proof. It is a good thing", he said. "...if Tyler hadn't decided to not tell me first and instead call my fucking lawyer and send all the fucking videos to him before I even saw them myself and agreed to the videos being sent to my lawyer", he said.

"Oh yeah that does not sound good", Arin muttered. "Did he tell you why he did that?" Arin asked. "He said he didn't want to ruin my breakfast so he didn't tell me sooner. Instead he forwarded it all to my fucking lawyer", Josh mumbled. "Do you know how hard it is to see yourself get abused by your wife on video? I have never felt anything like I just did when he showed me that", Josh said softly, and he felt tears brimming his eyes. "I can't imagine what it's like", Arin said softly as he grabbed Josh's hand gently. "What did Ty say? Did you talk about it with him?" Arin asked.

"No, I left the room, got Riley ready and left", Josh said. "Wait you just left him? You just left his place and came here with Riley without talking about it?" Arin asked. "Don't try to tell me that what I did was wrong", Josh said as he looked over at his best friend. "You're making it sound like I did something wrong when he is the one who did that", Josh said. "I'm sorry, you're right", Arin said. "But I don't... Do you think it was the smartest move to just leave?" he asked. Josh shrugged. "I was upset with him. I didn't want to stay there and let it get to me and let it overtake my saturday that I wanted to spend with my daughter", Josh said.