Chapter ◦◦•26•••••

Hiiiii everyone! New chapter, yay! I hope you'll enjoy this one!

I had a blast in Disneyland, it was so amazing! Especially the fireworks at the end. I went there as a child and remember the fireworks but when we visited last year when covid rules were still happening, they canceled the fireworks. It was sooo amazing to see the fireworks this time, and the exclusive 30 year anniversary drone show 🥺 spent too much money on merch again haha but it was worth it! I had such a good time.

Anyways! You're here for the story, not my life, so I'm not gonna keep you any longer! I would love it if you could leave a vote ⭐️ or a comment on this chapter to let me know what you think of it ♥️ these comments just really make my day and throughout the day I'm always opening wattpad to see if I got new comments haha. I just love reading them so much.

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter! Let's dive in!

Word count: 5857

~~

"Do you still play?" Zacky asked Tyler as he tuned the guitar that was resting on his leg. "Wait you play instruments?" Josh asked. "Well not really", Tyler said to Josh. "I mean, Jimmy taught me some piano, and then Zacky and Brian a little bit of guitar, and I used to sing a bit with Matt, but I never really played any instruments", Tyler said.

"He was hella good at it though", Brian said. "He's a fast learner when it comes to things with music. I'm sure he still knows how to play piano and guitar once you give him the instrument", he said. "He has a piano in his apartment, but I figured it was more of a furniture piece because I've never seen it used and there's always stuff on it so you can't really play it", Josh said. "That's Jimmy's piano", Tyler said as he looked down at his hands. "I never played on it since he passed 'cause I... I never felt like I could without him", he said. "Fuck, sorry", he whispered as a few tears rolled down his cheeks. Josh scooted closer with his chair and he wrapped his arm around Tyler's shoulders comfortingly. "No need to be sorry", he told him as he gave him a side hug. He wanted to do much more, but there were four people right in front of them. "I had no idea that was Jimmy's piano. That's amazing", Josh said. Tyler wiped his cheeks. "Probably my most prized possession", He said.

"So you don't play anymore, but do you still sing?" Matt asked. "He sings for my daughter", Josh smiled. Tyler nodded. "I'm not- not really good at it though but- but I like singing for her", he said, wiping his tears away.

"He's incredible", Josh said. "He just doesn't see it, or hear it, but he is", Josh said.

"Well let's hear it", Zacky said as he strummed some chords. "I can't", Tyler said. "Sure you can! You've sung with me so often, cmon! Let's do the one for Jimmy", Matt said. "So Far Away?" Zacky asked and Matt nodded. "Get a guitar, Brian", Matt said as he shoved Brian lightly. He got up and grabbed an acoustic guitar from the small stage at Johnny's Saloon. They'd used these instruments all throughout their teenage years when they visited the place. The owner had always allowed them to do so.

"I trust that you'll sing along, you remember the lyrics right?" Matt said to Tyler. "I do remember them, but I won't", Tyler sighed. Matt just hummed, waited for Brian to tune the guitar, and then zacky started the song.

"Never feared for anything. Never shamed but never free. A life that healed the broken heart with all that it could", Matt started singing. "Lived a life so endlessly. Saw beyond what other see. I tried to heal your broken heart with all that I could", he continued sang.

"Will you stay, will you stay away forever?" He sang, but Brian, Johnny and Zacky sang along for that sentence.

They then halted, looking at Tyler expectantly. Tyler bit his lip, looking over at Josh, before he looked back. He looked down, and Matt was about to continue, when he heard Tyler's voice.