Chapter •6•••••

Sooooo because I love you & the characters & this story, I finished another chapter! Yeeeeee!! Can't believe I finished it this quickly already but hey! If you love it, you're unstoppable right?

I hope you guys enjoyed last chapter and will enjoy this one as well. I don't know how long this story will turn out to be eventually, but I just decided not to limit myself to whatever in the hopes that I'll finish it quicker because then I'm just rushing it and I won't be proud of my work. SO I decided not to do that and I hope you're okay with that!

I'd like to inform you that while I was writing this as well as last chapter, I was grinning like an idiot at my computer/phone screen because I love writing cute fluffy domestic stuff and it all just warms my heart ok? ok.

Let me know what you think of this chapter? Comments are my favorite thing ever & I'd love to hear your feedback. Love you all! Enjoy this chapter. Definitely not as long of a wait as last chapter ;)

Word count: 5277

~~

"Josh?" Tyler asked as they were driving in the car. "Yeah bub?" Josh asked. It made Tyler smile softly. "Andrew mentioned meeting Riley only once... How come?" He asked. Josh shrugged softly. "He met her a few days after she was born, and that's it. Kathy didn't like my family being around and she definitely didn't want anyone that wasn't blood related to me around. I don't know why she detests them so much 'cause they're the most wonderful people, but she does the same to a big part of her own family, not everyone though. Haven't seen or heard from most of them since even before Riley was born", Josh said. "So after that one time that Andrew met her, I tried to get my family to come over for her first birthday, and for Christmas, and other things like that. She said that only my siblings and parents could come. Otherwise it would be too much for Riley, said Riley couldn't handle that. But she was a baby, she had no idea what was even going on", he sighed. "I told her that it was okay, though. Only they came. Ashley obviously didn't stay all day during Christmas 'cause her husband was sitting alone at home. They went to Andrew's family later after Ashley stayed for a few hours. He texted me regularly, asking if they could see Riley and me. I always had an excuse. Too tired because of work, Riley not feeling well, too busy, things like that. I regret it a lot", Josh softly said. "Feel really guilty about it as well."

"They know it's not your fault, Joshua", Tyler said as he rested his hand on Josh's leg. "You got the chance to get them back now, make it right for Riley. They're lovely, I love them already. They are not mad at you for this, Josh", Tyler assured him. "And Riley is only four. She has a long and bright future ahead of her. They will be a big part of her life now", he said. Josh smiled softly. "Yeah, I hope so", he softly said. "It feels weird, going against something Kathy said. It feels... wrong", he said softly. "But... kinda good." "Yeah?" Tyler smiled. "Then keep doing it." Josh smiled, grabbing Tyler's hand. He pressed a kiss on his knuckles. "I love you." "I love you too. Where are we going?"

"Uhm, well... It's not really a regular thing", Josh said. "Since we had dinner at home we're not gonna have dinner somewhere else. I also didn't just want to go to a bar or club for drinks, I wanted to do something different where we can make some different memories I guess rather than the regular ones", he said.

"That sounds perfect", Tyler smiled. "Are you gonna tell me where you're taking me?" He asked. "It's an hour drive", Josh said. "To the big city nearby. There's... I don't know if it sounds lame but there's this sightseeing bus tour where we can sit on top of the bus outside and it's a night tour through the city, starting at 9:30. I heard it's beautiful, and you deserve something beautiful, so I hoped you'd enjoy that", he said. Tyler's smile widened. "That sounds even more perfect. Getting to enjoy a gorgeous view of a beautiful city with a beautiful man besides me, that sounds absolutely perfect", Tyler said. Josh smiled.