Epilogue - Part 1

*Y/N*

Two Years and Three Months Later

"It's perfect," Pepa said, her eyes full of emotion, stepping back to admire me.

"It is," I replied, about to cry myself, looking at myself in the mirror in my wedding dress. It had taken a few times for the tailor to get my measurements right, but it finally fit me like a glove. I turned around to look at it from all angles, watching as it flowed perfectly.

"You look so beautiful I think I'm going to cry," Mirabel said emotionally.

"You are crying," Antonio pointed out, rolling his eyes.

I laughed, coming down off the stool I was standing on and giving her a hug. Pepa, Antonio, Mirabel and I were at the shop doing my last fitting before the wedding tomorrow. I still was in shock that the day was finally here. The last two years had passed both incredibly quickly and had felt like forever. Camilo had turned 20 a couple of months ago, me just weeks ago. Antonio was about to turn 10 years old, looking more and more like Camilo every day as he grew into himself. Mirabel was engaged herself to the boy she had been seeing for the last two years, someone from one of the new villages, the same boy Camilo and I had seen her with in the alley before everything had happened. Mirabel grabbed my veil and put it in my hair, adjusting it.

"Okay, now it's perfect," Pepa said. "You look like an angel."

My reflection stared back at me, still in disbelief that we were finally here. In less than 24 hours, I would be Camilo's wife. I looked down at the engagement ring he had given me, smiling as I remembered how hard Camilo had been working to find me the perfect wedding ring for tomorrow that would sit beside this ring for the rest of my life. I had wanted it to be a surprise and not choose it myself, knowing he would find the perfect one.

"Okay, let's get it wrapped up!" Pepa exclaimed, interrupting my thoughts. I grinned and stepped back into the changing room to get back into my regular clothes. 

I was joining them for dinner that night, so I walked back to Casita with them afterwards, Pepa going over all the last-minute arrangements that were being finalized tonight, making sure I knew everything. Feeling a little overwhelmed, I reassured her I knew she had taken care of everything and that I wasn't worried. 

As we entered the house, we could hear Dolores and Camilo in the living room. Pepa went to whisk my dress upstairs before Camilo could come out and I went to join them. I smiled at Dolores as I walked in and she smiled back, slightly inclining her head towards Camilo beside her, looking at me with mock exasperation. She was almost eight months pregnant, and Camilo was where he was almost every evening, sitting next to her on the couch with one of the many children's books he had been collecting and reading to the baby.

"So then, the little bunny rabbit realized that he had found a new friend," Camilo read, grinning up at me as I walked in, not interrupting the story. "And he and the turtle knew that they would be friends forever. The end." 

"Camilo, I don't think the baby likes this story, he was kicking me the whole time," Dolores laughed.

"No, he's kicking because he liked it so much," Camilo corrected her, laughing, putting his hand on her stomach to feel the kicks. "He knows his favourite uncle always chooses the best books." Putting the book down now that he was done, he rose to greet me, kissing me on the cheek.

"I can't believe you guys will be married tomorrow," Dolores said, struggling to stand before Camilo helped her up. "I still remember the first time Camilo brought you over to our house when you guys were just kids!"