Epilogue

*Camilo*

 Eleven Years and Eight Months After the Wedding

 A Year and Eight Months Since Previous Chapter

Camilo's and Y/N's ages: 32 and 31 years old

I woke up suddenly, opening my eyes, seeing Leila and Y/N asleep in bed beside me. It was very early, the first rays of sun were just peeking through the windows to light up the room. I watched the two of them sleeping, their chests rising and falling slowly, smiling to myself. I listened carefully for any noise from downstairs, not hearing anything, but deciding to go and check on them either way. I remembered how it was in the early days.

I quietly made my way down the stairs and saw Diego sleeping on the couch on his back, shirtless, with his newborn son, Tobias, asleep on his chest. I approached them slowly, not wanting to wake them up. Barely two days old, Tobias was still at that stage where he was so tiny it was hard to believe. He was just in a diaper, sleeping on his stomach on top of Diego's tattoo where it stretched over his chest. I looked around, but didn't see Renata. She must have been sleeping in Diego's room.

They were staying with us for a few weeks just as they got acclimatized to newborn life. Dr. Patel had told Diego about skin-to-skin bonding and how fathers should do it, too, and he had taken it very seriously. I hadn't seen him with a shirt on for two days straight. He was always lying with Tobias on his chest or sitting up with him propped on his shoulder, absolutely captivated. I sat down in the chair opposite the couch, watching them both sleep, Tobias slowly rising and falling as Diego breathed in and out. After everything Diego had been through, to see him with his son curled up on his chest was almost too overwhelming for words to describe. 

Tobias stirred and Diego's hands immediately rose protectively around him. He began to cry and Diego's eyes opened slowly, still heavy with sleep.

"Here, here," I said, leaning over and taking him from Diego as he slowly sat up and stretched. I put Tobias on my shoulder, stood up and walked around, bouncing him lightly as he fussed.

"Where's Renata?" Diego yawned, flexing his arms above his head. "She okay?"

"I think she's asleep in your room," I said as I brought Tobias back and handed him over to Diego again.

"What is it, little man? You miss mami?" he asked. "Here, look, a distraction!" He opened his palm while holding Tobias with one hand onto his chest, making a tunnel of water appear. Tobias looked at it, his eyes wide, quieting down, making Diego and I laugh.

"Is Leila still asleep?" he asked.

"Yeah, she was so excited about her gift ceremony today that she fought bedtime for two hours last night," I laughed, running my hand down my face. "She ended up just crashing with us."

"Are you nervous?" Diego asked.

"No, all the other gift ceremonies have been just great," I said. The glowing door had appeared here a week ago, in our house, instead of at Casita, and so I knew it wasn't being passed down by me, but by Y/N - which meant Tobias would likely get a gift one day, too.

Diego relaxed back down on the couch and Tobias snuggled back into his chest, happy and sleepy again.

"You are such a good father," I grinned. "You are just an absolute natural."

"I learned from you," Diego said, his eyes on Tobias, running his hand over his head. "You were more of a father to me than either of the two dead guys that my birth certificate or blood would say are my father - and seeing you raise Leila the last five years? You are the greatest father she could have ever hoped for."