Broken

*Y/N*

Three Years and Eight Months After the Wedding

Eight Months Since Previous Chapter

Y/N's and Camilo's current ages: 24 and 23 years old

"Y/N, what do you think?" 

I turned, snapping out of my thoughts, to look at the tiny baby booties that Luisa was holding up. "Too big?" she asked me.

I thought my heart would explode at their cuteness. I grabbed them from her, making a high-pitched squeak in my throat that made Mirabel, Isabela and Dolores laugh. We were at Casita, helping Luisa sort through all the baby stuff that she had received from her baby shower last week, trying to sort it into things that she would need right away when the baby was born and stuff that could be put away until later. Camilo was off with Damian setting up one of his weird date gig things. Damian very rarely convinced Camilo into doing these. Camilo still thought it was strange, but every now and then a client was willing to pay enough that Damian was able to wear him down. Everyone else was out taking care of various things, so it was just the five of us.

Luisa was nine months pregnant and the baby could come any day now. Dolores listened carefully to the heartbeat of the baby every day just like the doctor from Damian's village advised her and Damian frequently teleported over to check and make sure everything was okay just in case things went badly like it had with Dolores. Tia Julieta had cooked an insane amount of arepas to be kept on hand, just in case.

Mirabel grabbed the tiny baby booties from me and held them up to her chest. "Ugh! When am I going to be pregnant?" she complained. "It's taking forever!"

I silently wondered the same about myself. Camilo and I had abandoned all attempts to delay pregnancy from happening for almost eight months. My periods were often late, but they always eventually came, dashing my hopes. I told myself that it was fine, it was better, we were still young and it was nice to just enjoy being together whenever we wanted without stress. But still, I wondered. I smiled at Mirabel. "You and me both!" I said lightly.

"How you and Camilo aren't pregnant yet is the biggest mystery on the planet," Isabela smirked. "I swear, he's always been pretty cuddly with you, but lately it's been just ridiculous."

"What do you mean?" I laughed, not knowing what she meant. It was like she said, he was always affectionate.

"He's literally always touching you, holding your hand, rubbing your arm, arm around your shoulders, kissing you when he thinks people aren't looking," Luisa laughed. "You guys have been married almost four years! I don't even want to know what it's like when you guys are alone together."

I blushed. If only they knew. When Camilo and I had gotten married, we certainly were together frequently - but they were right, when I thought about it, things had been much more intense the last six or seven months. We were together every night, more often than not multiple times a night, especially when he had a nightmare, which unfortunately was becoming much more common these past months, almost nightly at this point. He had even begun coming home at lunch when he knew I would be there to be with me, showing up where I was working for the day to pull me into any place where we could get a semblancy of privacy, which had sometimes included tool sheds out in the farm fields, closets at the school, his room at Casita, once even in an alley after dark on the walk home.