Tio

The Heart of Camilo: Book Three - One Shots

*Camilo*

One Month After the Wedding 

Y/N and Camilo's current age: 20 years old

The sunlight came through the window, gently waking me up. I groaned, rolling over, reaching for Y/N, not ready to get out of bed, but I found nothing as my hand slid across the sheets. I frowned, finally opening my eyes, finding the bed empty. I looked around the room, not seeing her anywhere, a flicker of panic in my chest. I took a deep breath, knowing she was just in the bathroom taking a shower or had started breakfast already, wondering if one day this anxiety would ever completely leave me after everything we had been through. I threw the sheets off of me, swinging my legs over the side of the bed as she opened the door of the bedroom, bringing in some breakfast on a tray, wearing nothing but one of my white button-down shirts, which was so long on her it was almost like a dress.

I grinned as she came to sit next to me and pulled her in to kiss her as she set the tray down beside me. "Thank you for breakfast, but waking up without you is just torture," I joked, kissing her down her neck.

She laughed, pushing my hair out of my face. "I assumed you would be hungry after last night."

"Not for food," I grinned, pushing her back onto the bed, kissing her harder. She returned the kiss, wrapping her arms around my neck, before pushing me off her a minute later. I laughed, rolling onto my back, as she grabbed some toast from the tray and took a bite.

"Well, I'm hungry," she laughed. "Here, eat, you'll need your strength." She took a piece and held it up to me. I propped myself up on my elbows, obediently taking a bite, grinning at her.

"I see that stealing my clothes is going to be a regular thing now that we're married," I teased after I finished chewing.

She blushed, looking down at herself. "I like your shirts, they are so comfortable."

"I wasn't complaining, you look beautiful," I grinned back, relaxing back on the pillow.

She smiled back at me, holding out a fork with egg on it for me to take another bite. "Can you believe we have been married for a whole month?"

"What should we do for our one-month-iversary?" I asked. She gave me a wry look and I laughed. "Obviously. I mean aside from that."

She laughed, taking a bite of egg for herself. "Well, I have to go and meet with Diego's teacher this morning. Apparently something happened at school yesterday. But maybe we can go for a walk after? And then I'll make us a special dinner."

"What did Diego do?" I said, amused. "Not do his homework on time?"

"I'm not sure," she frowned. "The teacher just said she needed to talk about him."

Diego only had two years to go until graduation and had always been a decent student. I frowned, mildly curious, but not enough to push the subject further. "I'll stop by Casita while you're there and see how Dolores is doing. She's four days overdue, the baby has to come any day now."

"Should we start sleeping at Casita?" Y/N asked. "Just in case she goes into labour at night?"

"We live fifteen minutes away, I'm sure Mirabel will run over and let us know," I said. "I'm not ready to give up our quiet life here just yet." I sat up, reaching for her and pulling her towards me before laying back down. She nestled in beside me.