8: Isabelle

All of us sat at the dinner table, that night at the Institute. I was sitting beside Simon and Clary, and Cecily was sitting across from me.

Everyone had made up after yesterday nights fiasco, but that was the last time I ever went to any of Magnus's parties. I looked up at Cecily, and her and Gabriel were mumbling to each quietly. They had been so secretive lately, I had wondered why.

"Clary, how's your mother?" Tessa asked kindly.

"She's good. Her and Luke are in Florida right now." Clary replied.

I felt jealousy go through me. How I wished that my parents were like Jocelyn and Luke. Currently they were both in Idris, but they were divorced. My mother still lived here and ran the Institute, but my father lived in Idris. We saw him once every few months, but since he was the Inquisitor he was very busy.

"Hey you okay?" Simon whispered to me, while taking my hand.

I forced a smile on my face. "Um yeah I'm good."

"Okay everybody!" Henry got everyone's attention.

"Thank you. Now, Londoners we need to decide when we are going back home." He said.

"Well we need to keep in my mind that the baby is due in a few weeks." Will said.

"Oh it's fine Will." Tessa said. "I would like to stay for Jace and Clary's wedding."

"Ooh yes I would like to stay for that too." Cecily said.

"What about you Gabriel?" Charlotte asked.

"I'm fine with whatever Cecily wants." He said and Will scoffed.

"William stop being so rude." Tessa scolded, and Will was silent.

"Okay then, we'll stay for Jace and Clary's wedding and then we will leave." Henry said and everyone said yes.

There was then a knock on the door.

"That's probably Magnus." Alec said and he leaped up to get it.

A few minutes Alec and Magnus walked in, and they both took a seat at the table.

"Have you two recovered from your little stunt yesterday?" Magnus asked while half smirking.

"Yes." Jace and Will said at the same time, sourly.

Magnus stared at them for moment. "You guys are like twins." He said finally.

"Good looking twins." Jace said smugly, and Will just smirked.

Those two are weird, I thought to myself.

"Okay enough of that." Cecily said while standing up. "Gabriel and I have news."

Gabriel stood up and took Cecily's hand.

"I'm pregnant." Cecily blurted out and my jaw dropped.

"WHAT?!" Will shouted horrified.

"Yes." Cecily said happily.

"Oh Cecily!" Charlotte gushed and everyone went up and hugged her, except Will.

"Cecily Herondale." Will started. "Please tell me it isn't true."

"First of all I'm a Lightwood now, and yes it's true." Cecily replied.

"My blood is tainted now." Will said dramatically

"Oh hush Will, I've known for weeks." Tessa said.

"What?!" Will exclaimed.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" I asked excitedly.

"A girl." Cecily beamed.

"Great another Cecily." Will muttered but he half smiled.

Will then got up and hugged his sister, and awkwardly shook Gabriel's hand.

"Congratulations." He said.

Dinner then, went by peacefully.