26: Clary

"Okay is everyone ready to go?" Magnus asked us all.

We were all outside the Institute, as the blue portal shimmered in front of us. I stood beside Jace, as we held our bags. Poor Tessa had to travel with new born James. I could that her and Will were stressed. Will especially, since you could tell he was also about Cecily and her pregnancy.

"I think so." Will said.

"Ok, then everyone line up in front of the portal. One by one, all of you can go through." Magnus explained.

"Are you coming with us Magnus?" I asked.

"Yes the clave called for Downworld representatives as well." He replied.

"Wait, how will the clave react when they see us all?" Tessa asked referring to the Londoners.

"I told the clave about how you all were here. They know already." Alec said and Tessa nodded her head.

Henry was the first one to go through the portal. Then Charlotte. Then Cecily and Gabriel, and then it was me. I took a deep breath and stepped through the portal. I got the familiar feeling of falling through water.

I stepped out of the portal, and into the Gard. There were a bunch of Shadowhunters walking around, not paying attention to us. After minutes everyone had come through portal. We all then walked to where we would be staying.

I walked through Alicante, feeling bittersweet. The last time I had been here I was sixteen. Sebastian had been here, with his army of endarkened Shadowhunters. But through everything, Idris was beautiful as it always had been.

Jace and I were staying, were staying in Alec and Isabelle's house. Well really their fathers house. All the Londoners got their own houses to stay in until we left. Jace and I got settled in, and we walked to the Council room where Consul Penhallow was holding a meeting.

Jace and I joined everyone else, and took our seats.

"It looks so much different." Charlotte said amazed. Of course I thought, she was the Consul back in their time.

Jia Penhallow then stood up, and started to speak.

"Shadowhunters, thank you for all being here today. I know that it was a sudden call, but it was necessary." She started. "The clave and I, have been tracking a group of rogue vampires for quite some time. We sent the Shadowhunters from the New York Institute to go kill them and they did. But their group has more members than we thought. The vampires are going to each Institute and killing Shadowhunters. They have already hit the Berlin, and Hong Kong Institute. We called you all here, because it would be safer for you all here. Members of the Clave are tracking the vampires as we speak, in hopes to end the group." Jia finished.

Lily, the vampire representative then spoke up.

"I was not informed of this group." She said surprised. "Where are these vampires from?"

"We are not sure yet, but we suspect they are from America." Jia answered.

"So what are we all supposed to do here?" A shadowhunter called from the crowd.

"Well, that is up to you. The Clave isn't asking anything from any of you all. The reason of you calling you here, was to keep you all safe." Jia said.

I was then reminded of Jia standing in the same spot years before, talking about my brother. Oh how the times have changed, I thought to myself.