12: Clary

It had been two days since Jace, Will, Simon, Alec, and Gabriel had gone, and they were supposed to come back today.

Everyone had been very worried about them, especially Cecily and Tessa with both of them being pregnant. I knew that Jace would come back okay, but I was still worried. When you were Shadowhunter, you never what could happen.

Currently, all of us ladies were sitting at a table. They were all helping me decide which shoes went with my wedding dress.

"Oooh what about these ones?" Cecily asked me and showed me a picture.

"Oooh those are nice." I said.

"Who designed them?" Isabelle asked.

"Some man named Sebastian." Cecily replied and I froze for a few seconds.

"Clary, are you okay?" Tessa asked me worriedly.

"Um yeah. Just that name." I muttered.

"What about it?" Charlotte asked curiously.

I looked at Isabelle and she nodded her head, saying that I should tell them.

"Well I had a brother. And a father, well my real one. My father was totally against Shadowhunters associating with downworlders. When my mother was pregnant with my brother he had injected demon blood into the baby through my mother. After the big war with downworlders, everyone had said that my father and brother had died in a fire. They didn't though." I explained.

"How did he die then?" Cecily asked.

"I killed him." I said and I felt the tiniest bit of guilt. "But my brother lived. He had this idea of creating Shadowhunters that were half demon, like him. He did horrible things." I shuddered. "He called himself Sebastian, but his real name was Jonathan. I killed him, and when the heavenly fire went through him my mother and I had finally gotten a glimpse of who he really was. Someone who never existed." I finished in tears.

"That have been so hard on your mother." Charlotte said sadly.

I sighed. "It was like she lost her son all over again."

Suddenly a voice rang out.

"Tessa!!" Will shouted from the front hall of the Institute.

You could just see Tessa freeze in panic. "Will." She whispered and immediately got up.

We all followed her and when we got to the doors I almost collapsed. Gabriel, Simon, Alec, and Will all knelt around Jace who was blacked out on the floor with blood on his chest.

"Jace." I whispered and ran to him and threw myself beside him.

"Isabelle, give me your stele." I said urgently and she gave it to me.

I started drawing on Jace's arm. Lines and shapes formed in my head, and I started to go a bit a dizzy. I poured out all my energy into the rune. I lifted my stele off his arm and looked at what I had drawn. The rune looked like an Iratze but a bit different.

Then I started to load my vision, and then everything went black.