15: Tessa

The next day we all sat at dinner. Jace was expected to return from the silent city tomorrow. We had barely dragged Clary out of her room but here she was sitting beside Simon.

I sat beside Will and Charlotte. I couldn't eat very well, because the baby kept kicking me.

"Is everything okay Tess?" Will asked me concerned.

I smiled. "Yes, just the baby keeps kicking me."

"We need to come up with names." Will said.

"I feel like it's going to be a boy." I said while absentmindedly putting my hand on my huge stomach.

"Well if it's a girl, we're naming her Lucie." Will said with a small smile.

"I love it." I said while pecking him on the cheek.

"Speaking of names, what are you going to name the baby Cecy?" Will asked.

Cecily looked surprise at Will's interest. "We're not sure yet." She said.

Just then the doorbell rang, and Isabelle got up and answered it. A few minutes later she returned.

"Look whose here." She said

I turned and almost collapsed. There in front of me, stood Jem. Not Silent Brother Jem, just Jem. My Jem. Will swore from beside me and dropped his glass.

"William." Jem said shocked.

"James how-how can this be?" Will barely got out.

He then walked over and hugged his Parabatai. When they released each other, I walked over to Jem.

"Jem." I whispered with tears in my eyes.

"Tessa." He said smiling.

I hugged him tightly, and hugged me back just as tight.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well I'm actually here with you." He said. "In the future."

I paled a bit. It was hard to wrap my mind around.

"How are you not a Silent Brother still?" Will asked still very shocked.

"Because a Herondale saved me." Jem said while smiling. "Jace saved me."

I laughed a bit at the irony. It was always Jem who was saving Will, and then for a Herondale to save Jem. It was almost as if it was planned.

"Who would have thought." Will said while smiling.

Jem then stared at me.

"Tessa, your pregnant." He said with a huge smile on his face.

"Yes I am." I said while smiling.

"Jem!!" Charlotte then exclaimed.

She ran over and hugged him tightly.

"How?" She asked very shocked.

We all then sat down and Jem explained how he wasn't a silent brother anymore.

"Sebastian and his dark Shadowhunters were attacking the Adamant Citadel, and I was there. Clary and Jace were there as well, and at the time Jace still had the Heavenly Fire going through his veins. When he was fighting Sebastian some came out of him and it hit me. I was in the hospital in Idris for a few days, but it turned me Shadowhunter again." Jem finished with a smile.

"How come your in New York?" Isabelle asked.

"I'm here with Tessa, actually." He said and I froze.

It was so hard to think about, Jem was here with me in future. Without Will, I thought and my heart dropped a bit. I had known that Will would die and I would keep living, but it was still hard to think about it.

"Well we will give you three, some time to talk." Charlotte said and everyone left.

By the Angel I thought, this would be interesting.