28: Tessa

As soon as I wake up, I know that Will is not laying beside me. I can hear Jamie crying. I get up and walk to his cradle and pick him up. I rock him for a few minutes, and he goes back to sleep. It's morning, and I get dressed. I then carry James downstairs.

I expect to see Will standing in the kitchen, but he is not there. How odd I thought to myself. I then hear a knock on the front door. I open the door, to find Cecily with a worried expression on her face.

"Tessa." She said, and she walked into the house.

"Is everything okay Cecily?" I asked.

"Have you seen Gabriel? I cannot find him anywhere." She said.

"No I haven't. I can't find Will either." I said.

"How strange." Cecily said. "Let's go check Clary and Jace's house."

I nodded and we walked to Clary's house. My arms were hurting from holding James, so I passed him to Cecily. She smiled as soon as she saw him, and held him gently. She will be a good mother, I thought to myself.

We reached Clary and Jace's house, and I knocked on the door. To my surprise Isabelle answered the door.

"Cecily, Tessa come in." She said.

We walked into the living to see everyone sitting on the sofas. Everyone except Will and Gabriel, and I started to panic a bit.

"Hey." Clary said to the both of us.

"Hello." I said. "Have any of you all seen Will or Gabriel?"

"No we haven't." Jace said. "Why?"

"We both haven't seen either of them since last night." Cecily said.

"Oh no." Charlotte said worried. "I hope they're okay."

As Charlotte spoke Cecily handed James to Clary. Clary immediately smiled and cradled him.

"Wait." I said. "Why don't I changed into Will? And then I could see where he is."

"That's a good idea." Cecily said.

"Wait, change into Will?" Alec said confused.

"Yes. If I hold a possession, I can change into the person that owns it." I explained, and everyone looked surprised except for the Londoners.

"Do you have anything of Will's with you?" Charlotte asked.

"Yes, I have a button off his coat, that had fallen off yesterday." I said an reached into my pocket of my dress and took it out.

I took a deep breath, it had been awhile since I had done this. I screwed my eyes shut and I felt the familiar feeling of fall through water. I felt myself change, and then I opened my eyes.

Everyone was staring at me astonished. Even still, the Londoners seemed amazed.

"How did you do that?!" Isabelle exclaimed.

"It's hard to explain." I said, but in Will's voice.

I then reached into his mind. I saw his parents, Ella his older sister, and Jem. I then saw myself. I was reading a book in the London Institute, back when I had just come to the Institute. Will had been watching me? I thought. I then tried to find where he was, and finally I saw.

I changed back into myself, and everyone still looked astonished.

"Will is with Gabriel. Their both at the Herondale manor. There locked in some room." I said.

"Together?" Cecily said alarmed.

"Yes." I hesitated.

"By the angel, there probably killing each other." She said while rolling her eyes.

"I think Tessa and I should go find them." Cecily then said.

"Are you sure?" Henry said.

"Yes." Cecily said.

"I would go, but what about James?" I said worriedly.

"Jace and I can take care of him!" Clary said excitedly. "Right Jace?"

"Umm yeah sure." He said nervously.

Clary then handed him James, and Jace took him a bit uncomfortably. But he then he looked James, and smiled.

"Ok then." I said. "Cecily and I will go to find them."