38: Isabelle

The party was in full swing. Everyone was dancing, and everyone looked amazing. After the fiasco with Gabriel falling, everything was going good again.

I was currently standing by the drink table, and then Cecily walked up to me.

"What are you doing here? You should be dancing." She said with a smile.

"Nah, dancing's not really my thing." I said.

We were then both silent.

"I wish I could have seen your baby." I said.

"I wish you could too. But that's just a reason for us to come back." Cecily winked at me and I laughed.

"So Will and Gabriel have made up then?" I asked her.

Cecily beamed. "Yes they have. They still aren't the best with each other, but they don't argue which is what I wanted all along."

"I know. Simon and Jace used to argue all the time, but now there pretty good friends." I said.

"Isabelle!" I suddenly heard Alec call my name.

"I'll let you go see him." Cecily said then left.

I walked toward Alec and walked up to me, behind him was my mother. She was wearing a blazer, and her hair was done up. Serious as ever I thought, I then saw someone standing behind her and my jaw dropped. There stood my father, in his Inquisitor robes.

"Mom, Dad!" I exclaimed and ran toward them.

I first hugged my mother. She smelled like vanilla, like she always did. I then walked toward my father. I hadn't seen him in months.

"Hello Izzy." He said with a smile.

I walked up and hugged him. I hadn't realized how much I had missed him until now. But what was he doing here with my mother?

"What are guys doing here?" I asked after pulling away from my father.

"We both have to do some business here, so we thought we would both come here and see you all." My mother said with a smile.

My mother and Alec then started talking, and that left my father and I to talk.

"I really missed you Isabelle." He said. "It was so hard for me to convince the Clave to let me come and see you Alec and Jace."

"It's okay dad, I get it." And I did. The Inquisitor was a demanding job.

Just then Jace had walked up to us.

"Mom, Dad." He said with a smile and hugged them.

"I hear you're engaged Isabelle." My mother then said with a smile.

"Where is Simon?" My father asked with a smile.

As if on cue Simon was standing beside me, holding my hand.

"Hello." He said while hugging my mother, and shaking my fathers hand.

"When are you two thinking of doing the wedding?" My mom asked.

"Probably in a few months." I replied.

"Oh I'm so excited!" My mother exclaimed and I laughed.

Then we all sat down and talked for awhile. My mother and father, seemed to be fine with each other. They were laughing and smiling to each other. I smiled sure they weren't married, but this was more than I could ask for.