37: Tessa

About fifty people stood in the ballroom of the New York Institute. Tonight was the night of Isabelle's party, it was also the night before us Londoners went back to the past.

I would miss this place dearly. I had made so many memories, and I knew that Will had too. We had only been here for about two weeks, but it had felt like forever. Currently, I was standing with Clary. Will was off with James somewhere.

"Are you excited to go back home?" Clary asked me with a smile.

"Yes and no." I said. "I will miss it here."

"We will all miss you being here." She said a bit sadly.

Suddenly Will walked up to me panicked, with a crying James in his arms.

"Tess." He said frantically."I don't know what to do he won't stop crying."

I tried not to laugh at his panic.

"Have you tried giving him to Cecily?" I suggested.

For some reason Jamie loved Cecily, I thought it was quite cute actually. Realization crossed Will's face, and he ran off to find his sister. Clary and I just laughed.

"Yesterday he came into the training room while I was there, and challenged me to a knife throwing contest." Clary said amused.

I laughed. "And how did that work out?"

"He beat me. He got them all in the centre of target with his eyes closed." She said bewildered.

"He didn't tease you too bad afterward, did he?" I asked while chuckling.

"Not as much as Jace would." Clary said with a smile.

"I'm really going to miss you." She said sadly.

"I'll miss you too Clary." I said truthfully. "I hope we will get to come back here again."

"I hope so too." She said and then smiled. "Jace will probably be depressed again."

"Why?" I asked amused.

"Last time you all left, he got all depressed because he missed Will or something." Clary chuckled.

I laughed. "Will was quite sad as well."

Speaking of Will and Jace, you could here them laughing very loudly. Clary and I walked over to them, and saw them laughing at Gabriel who was on floor beside a knocked over table. Not again William I thought.

Suddenly then Cecily stormed over to Will. James was still in her arms, but he was not crying.

"William I thought you two made up!" She exclaimed distressed.

"I didn't trip him this time." Will said in between laughs.

"I fell myself." Gabriel mumbled embarrassedly.

"Oh Gabriel." Cecily sighed at a loss.

Jace and Will were still killing themselves with laughter. I shot glance at Will and he stopped laughing. I saw Clary glaring at Jace and he stopped as well. By the Angel, I thought these two were too much trouble together.

"I'm sorry for laughing Lightworm." Will smirked.

Gabriel almost laughed, but just nodded his head.

"That reminds of the time where I got so drunk at the Devils Tavern, and I passed out on a table and I woke up covered in a mysterious liquid." Will reminisced amused.

"Your fathers a lunatic." Cecily then said to James.

"Your filling his head with lies." Will said frantically, and took Jamie from Cecily.

"Not this time." Cecily said with a smirk.

Everyone laughed. These would be the moments that I would miss.