9: Cecily

I woke up in the middle night to a bell ringing. I opened my eyes to see Gabriel still sleeping beside me.

"Gabriel, get up." I said and he got up.

"What's that noise?" He asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"I don't know lets go see." I said.

We both got up and threw on clothes, we walked into the main hall of the Institute where everyone was tiredly standing. Well, everyone except for Alec and Jace.

"What's the bell for?" I asked Clary.

"It signals that the Clave is calling from Idris, it rarely ever rings. Jace and Alec are checking the call right now." She replied worriedly.

I leaned into Gabriel and he hugged me. Why would the Clave be calling us? A few minutes later Jace and Alec returned. They both had worried, and serious and expression on their faces.

"What is it?" Isabelle asked frantically.

"The Clave has tracked down a bunch of rogue vampires who have been killing Mundanes by the dozens. Their about an hour away from here, and the Clave wants a few of us to go and find them and kill them." Alec explained worriedly.

"Your not going." Clary said automatically.

"Clary, we have to." Jace said sadly.

"I'll go with you." Will volunteers.

"Will no." Tessa said firmly.

"I'll go too." Simon said, and Isabelle tugged his arm back.

"Me too." Gabriel said from beside me.

"What? No Gabriel your not going." I said firmly.

"Cecy I have to." He said and I sighed and he kissed my forehead.

The five of them went and got changed, and packed their things. Half an hour later, they were all in their gear and they had all their weapons. Everyone was saying their goodbyes, and Gabriel walked over to me.

"Promise me you'll come back?" I whispered while crying a bit.

"I promise, I love you." Gabriel said and he kissed me, and then walked away.

Will then came up to me.

"Bye Cecy." He said a bit sadly.

"Bye Will." I said while hugging him tightly.

"Take care of Gabriel." I said while crying.

"I will, I promise. I love you Cecy, even though it doesn't always seem like it." Will said.

"I love you too." I said while chuckling a bit.

He then kissed me on the forehead and walked away to join everyone else.

They all had take something called a car, because the Clave said that a portal would be too obvious. They were supposed to be back in three days. Tessa, Clary, Isabelle, Charlotte, Henry, and I all watched them go.

Please Raziel, I prayed, Please let them come back.