24: Will

After breakfast, I went to go find Cecily. I wanted to apologize to her, after our fight last night. It wasn't right of me to say that she shouldn't have married Gabriel.

I finally found her in the greenhouse. She was sitting on bench, and I went and took a seat beside.

"Hello Cecily." I started softly.

"Hello William." She said coldly, without looking at me.

"Look Cecily, I'm so sorry. It wasn't right of me to say the things I did yesterday night." I apologized.

She sighed. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said the things I said last night, either."

"And I'll try to get along with Gabriel." I mumbled.

Cecily immediately brighten. "Really?"

"Yes." I smiled a bit.

She hugged me. "Thank you Will. That's all I ever wanted."

I chuckled and hugged her back. Just then Jace burst into the greenhouse.

"Will! There you are." He exclaimed. "Tessa's going into labour."

"What!" I exclaimed alarmed and Cecily, Jace and I all ran down to Tessa and I's room.

I walked in and Tessa layed on the bed, and she was crying a bit because of the pain. Brother Enoch was standing beside her.

"Will." Tessa said happily when she saw me.

I walked over to her and took her hand. Brother Enoch told everyone goes wait outside and they all left. After ten minutes of Tessa squeezing my hand tighter than possible, we finally heard our child crying.

"Congratulations, it is a boy." His voice rang into mine and Tessa's mind.

Brother Enoch passed a bundle of blankets, and I finally got a look at my son. He had black hair, but there something strange about him. He had golden eyes, like Jace.

"Hello." I cooed and he grabbed my finger.

I then passed him to Tessa and a tear fell from her eye when she saw him.

"His eyes." She said while looking at him surprised.

"What shall we name him?" I asked.

We both thought for a second.

"James." We both said at the same time and we both chuckled.

Brother Enoch told everyone to come back in. The first one to hold James was Clary.

"His eyes." She said surprised. "There just like yours Jace."

Jace then held him and looked surprised, but happy. Everyone then took a turn holding him, and then they left to give Tessa and I are space. About an hour later, someone knocked on our door.

Jem walked in. Again, I almost collapsed at the sight of him. Even though I had seen him before it still shocked me to see him like this.

"Congratulations." He said while beaming at us.

"Jem." I said smiling and hugged him.

He then said hello to Tessa, and passed him James.

"His eyes are quite like Jace's." Jem said.

"Brother Enoch said that he thinks his eyes are like that, because of the warlock blood in him." Tessa explained.

"What did you name him?" Jem asked.

"James." Tessa and I said.

Jem looked shocked.

"Why?" He asked simply.

"Because we wanted him to be named after the strongest person we both have ever known." Tessa said.

Jem just smiled and looked down at James.

"Welcome to the world James Herondale." Was all he said.