25: Tessa

It had been a week since James had been born, and the Institute was very hectic. Clary and Jace had just came back from their honeymoon, Cecily was having very bad morning sickness, and Will and I we're taking care of Jamie 24/7.

Currently we were all sitting on sofas in the living room, and I was holding James.

"Where's Cecily?" Isabelle asked.

"She's laying down. She's not feeling well again." Gabriel frowned.

Will frowned, as well. I knew that he was very worried about Cecily, and her pregnancy.

"I'm actually going to go check on her." Gabriel said and he left.

"Poor girl." Charlotte said. " I wonder how Charles is doing."

"He's probably doing fine. He loves my mother and father." Henry said.

It was true, Charles was always asking Charlotte and Henry if he could visit his grandparents. Probably because they spoiled him every time he went over.

I then thought about how James would not have grandparents. But he would have Charles, Gideon and Sophie's children, and Cecily and Gabriel's children as family. And also Charlotte, Henry, Cecily, Gabriel, Gideon, and Sophie as aunts and uncles.

Just then Cecily and Gabriel walked into the room. Cecily looked very pale, and she had shadows under eyes. Her stomach was getting bigger, but she still looked the same otherwise.

"Cecy." Will said. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay." She smiled weakly.

James started to cry, in my arms. I slowly rocked him but he wouldn't stop crying.

"Here give him to me." Will said and he took Jamie, but he still wouldn't stop crying.

"Let me try." Cecily said, Will looked surprised but he handed James to her.

Cecily slowly rocked him in her arms.

"Shhh it's okay Aunt Cecily's here." Cecily cooed.

Unbelievably, James stopped crying.

"You've got the magic touch." I said to Cecily and she chuckled a bit.

Suddenly a phone started ringing.

"That's a call from Idris." Alec said confused and he walked away to answer the call.

"I wonder what that's about." Jace wondered.

Alec then returned a few minutes later, looking a bit worried.

"The clave called, they said their calling all the Shadowhunters to Idris." He said.

"What?" Clary said worriedly. "That hasn't happened since Sebastian."

"How will get there?" Cecily asked, while giving James back to Will.

"I'll get Magnus to set up a portal for us." Alec said.

"Ok then." Jace said. "I guess we all better go pack."

Everyone then left, and I felt worried. What was wrong in the Shadow world?