13: Tessa

"Clary!" Simon called out as he grabbed right before she blacked out.

She had drawn a rune that I had never seen before. I looked up at Will, who was open mouthed.

"How did she do that?" He asked.

"She and Jace have a little more angel than normal, so she's able to create new runes." Isabelle explained while walking over to Clary.

"Will, you and Alec carry Jace to the infirmary." Charlotte ordered.

"I'll carry Clary to her room." Simon said and he walked off.

"Should we call the Silent Brothers?" Gabriel asked.

"Call Jem." Will said immediately while lifting up Jace.

"Umm actually he isn't-" Isabelle said but Alec cut her off.

"We'll call the Silent Brothers right away." He said while glaring at Isabelle.

How peculiar, I thought. What was wrong with Jem?

Alec and Will took Jace to the infirmary, and then Alec went to call the Silent brothers.

"What happened to him?" I asked.

"I don't know. Gabriel and I found him on the ground bleeding with a vampire just about to drink his blood. I killed him though." Will explained.

About fifteen minutes later, Alec walked in with Brother Enoch. He leaned over Jace and put his bony hand on his forehead. He then looked at the rune that Clary had drawn on his arm.

"Who drew this?" His voice said in our minds.

"Clary did." Isabelle said.

"Well, if it wasn't for her Jace Herondale would not still be breathing." Brother Enoch said.

"Do you know what's wrong with him?" I asked concerned.

"I will try to figure it out. I will need my space though, so could you all please come back in an hour?" He dismissed us and we all left.

I walked out into the hallway, with my hand in Will's.

"I'm going to go check on Clary." I said and I kissed his cheek and left.

I walked up to Clary's room, and quietly opened the door. The walls of her room were light blue, and there was crumpled pieces of paper everywhere. Probably her drawings that she didn't like. She laid in her bed peacefully.

I went and took a seat in the chair beside her bed, and took her hand. Her eyes fluttered open and I smiled at her.

"Is Jace okay? I have to go see him." She said immediately sitting up.

"It's okay Clary, he's fine. Brother Enoch said that he wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for you." I explained softly.

She sighed in relief. "Did he say what's wrong with him?"

"No but he's working on him right now." I said.

We were silent for a moment.

"Is this the first time you've had to do this for Jace?" I asked.

"Nope." She sighed sadly and we were quiet again.