31: Isabelle

All of us waited outside the infirmary room, worried out of our minds. Cecily had to be okay, I thought or I wouldn't be standing here. But still, strange things had been happening lately.

I looked around at everyone. Clary was whispering quietly to Jace and Alec. Charlotte and Henry were whispering to each other worriedly. Tessa was standing with Will, and Will was holding James but you could tell he was very worried about Cecily. Finally, that left Gabriel. He was pacing back and forth, not speaking. I felt very bad for him, I couldn't imagine how worried he felt.

I found myself walking towards him. He stopping pacing when he saw me.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He looked kind of surprised by my question.

"No." Gabriel sighed.

"Don't worry, she'll be okay." I tried to comfort him, and he gave me a weak smile.

Suddenly the door opened, and Brother Enoch walked out.

"What's wrong with her?" Gabriel asked right away.

"The baby is moving around too much." He spoke without any emotion. "It causing Cecily immense pain. If the baby doesn't get moved back to its original place, it will not make it."

All the colour disappeared from Gabriel's face. He tried to form words, but they wouldn't come out.

"Is there anything we can do?" Will asked nervously, for Gabriel.

"I can perform a surgery, to put the baby back in its place. But Cecily's life would be at risk." Brother Enoch said.

"Can I please go speak with her?" Gabriel said.

Brother Enoch nodded his head, and Gabriel rushed into the room. I looked over at Will, who looked lost. Tessa was trying to comfort him but for once it wasn't working. Suddenly Simon came over and slipped his hand into mine.

"Well this sucks." He said and I laughed a bit.

It was such a Simon thing to say. Even now, when everything was so serious Simon still made me laugh.

"What?" He said with a smile.

"Nothing." I lied and he looked at me funny.

"Hey, after all this business with Cecily is okay again, I want to take you out on a date." Simon said.

"Oooh where?" I asked with a smirk.

"You'll see." He said and I smiled.

Just then Gabriel walked back through the door. He looked sad, and scared.

"Cecily said that she wants to do the surgery." He said.

"Do you want her to?" Will asked immediately.

"I'm not sure." Gabriel said honestly. "I want to have this baby, but if it includes Cecily risking her life....." He trailed off.

"I'll go talk to her." Will said and he gave James to Tessa.

I watched him leave worriedly. How hard for both Will and Gabriel, I thought. I couldn't even imagine making being in this situation. I just sighed, and leaned my head on Simon's shoulder.