16: Will

Tessa, Jem and I all sat at the table alone. I still couldn't believe it. Here was Jem- my Parabatai- sitting here normal, like he once was. When he walked in I felt the memories come back to me, I hadn't realized how much I had missed until I saw him.

"I still cannot believe your here." I said astounded.

"Neither can I." Tessa said shocked.

"Magnus had told me that you all were back here. I had to come." Jem said.

"Where is Jace?" Jem asked.

"He's in the silent city. A few of us went to go kill some rogue vampires, and while we were fighting them Jace collapsed. Brother Enoch said that a piece of Sebastian was still in him." I explained.

"Poor boy." Jem said sadly. "He and Clary have been through a lot."

Just then I heard a voice and I froze.

"Jem?" A very familiar voice called.

I looked over at Tessa who was as pale paper.

"That sounds like-" She said but she got cut off, and when I saw who walked in I gasped.

There stood Tessa. She was wearing some blue pants- jeans I think they called them- and a gray sweater. This must be Tessa from the future I thought. When she saw me her jaw dropped.

"William." She whispered with tears in her eyes.

She walked over and embraced me, and I hugged her back a bit awkwardly.

"It's been so long since you've been gone." She whispered while sobbing.

"How long?" I asked.

"A hundred and thirty-five years." She said sadly I froze.

"Wait if your here, then....." She said and looked at the other Tessa.

The Tessa from the past looked very shocked. They both stared at each other for about thirty seconds.

"Oh my, this was when I was pregnant with Jam-" The Tessa from the future started to say but Jem cleared his throat.

"Let's not spoil it for them." Jem said with a small smile.

The Tessa from the future took a seat beside Jem. Jem started to talk about what had been happening in Idris lately, but Tessa from the future kept looking at me and crying. It kind of scared me to be honest, but I understood how sad this was for her.

After about another hour Jem and the other Tessa left.

"This will probably be the last time you see me like this." Jem said while hugging me.

I just hugged him back and didn't say anything. Knowing that Jem got to be himself again, was enough to not make me sad. I looked over at the two the Tessa's and they were awkwardly saying goodbye to each other.

Then Tessa from the future walked over to me with tears in her eyes.

"Goodbye Will." She said and hugged me.

I hugged her back feeling a bit sad.

Tessa then let me go and her and Jem left.

I closed and door and turned to Tessa.

"Did that just happen?" She asked shocked.

I chuckled a bit. "Yup."

"I started crying so hard when I saw you. Will, what am I going to do when you...." She couldn't bring herself to say it.

I hugged her. "It's okay Tessa, that's not for a long time."

She sighed and took my hand, and we headed to bed.