20: Jace

I was standing on the balcony, in my room at the Institute. Clary and I's wedding was tomorrow, and I could not tell you how nervous I was.

But I was also more happy than I had ever been. I was marrying Clary. I loved her so much, and I was ready to spend the rest of my life with her.

"Hey." Isabelle said while walking up and standing beside me.

"Hey." I said.

We were looking out on the skyline of New York. The sun was setting and I had to admit, it was breathtaking.

"You excited for tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yes, but I'm really nervous." I replied honestly.

"Oh trust me." Isabelle said. "Clary's just as nervous."

I chuckled, but then my expression was serious. "What if I'm not good enough Izzy?"

She just rolled her eyes. "If you weren't good enough, she wouldn't have said yes Jace. She loves you. A lot. Look how many times she's saved your life. She cares about you Jace." Isabelle said.

We were both silent for a moment.

"Are mom and dad coming back from Idris for tomorrow?" I asked hesitantly.

I knew that Isabelle's mom and dad, were a hard subject for her to talk about. It was quite strange for me too, seeing them not together after so many years of them being together.

Isabelle sighed. "I know that moms coming, but I'm not sure about dad."

"Have you talked to him lately?" I asked.

"Not in about a month. I talked to mom about a week ago though." She said.

Isabelle and I talked for a bit more, then she left and I walked downstairs. When I walked into the kitchen to get food, Will was already standing there. He was holding four mangos. My mangos! I thought, he couldn't eat them.

"What are you doing with all those mangos?" I asked casually, trying to hide my irritation, nobody messed with me and my mangos.

"Tessa's craving them." Will laughed a bit, and then I relaxed. Just this once I would sacrifice them for Tessa.

"So your getting married tomorrow." Will smirked.

"Any advice?" I asked with a bit of a smile.

"You won't need it, just be yourself. As long as you don't do what dear Gabriel did, you'll be fine." He smirked.

"What did Gabriel do?" I asked curiously.

"He fell into the punch bowl." Will laughed.

"Only because someone tripped me." Said Gabriel who had just walked up and opened the fridge.

Will laughed even harder. "What about my speech?"

"I don't want to hear it. Once was enough." Gabriel glared and he took a banana and left the kitchen.

"What was your speech?" I asked amused.

"I said this really nice and sweet speech, and when I was done I said that I thought Cecily was marrying Gabriel's older brother Gideon, then took it all back." Will smirked.

I laughed. That sounded like just the thing I would do.

"Anyways, I should give these to Tessa." Will said gesturing to the mangos. "Goodnight Jace."

"Night." I said and he left.

I would never admit to him, but I would really miss Will when he left.