27: Gabriel

Cecily and I walked back from the meeting. I was a bit worried about the vampires. Who knew how long we we would be stuck here, and us Londoners could only leave back home when we were back in New York because Henry's portal was in the Institute.

"I wonder how long we will be here for." Cecily said, saying what I had been thinking.

"I wonder." I said.

It was about nine o'clock so Cecily and I decided to sleep. She fell asleep right away, but for some reason I couldn't. I got up and stood beside the window in our room. The demon towers, were glowing brightly and it made me remember my childhood.

Up until I was about ten, my family and I had lived in Alicante. I then had an idea, I grabbed my jacket and walked out of the house. I walked to the horse stable, that Alicante had and took a horse.

I started riding into the country part of Alicante. I was going to go see the Lightwood manor, where I had lived when I was younger. On my way there, I passed by the Herondale manor. I looked at it, and saw that the door was wide open. I slowed down and got off my horse. I then slowly walked toward the manor.

Should I really be doing this? I thought. I walked inside the house, it was very Victorian themed. It was only a bit different from the Lightwood manor. I walked around for a bit, until I heard banging. I walked slowly toward the sound, and finally stopped at a door at the far end of the manor.

I slowly opened the door, and stepped in. I felt the door shut behind me, and I immediately grabbed my witchlight. It light up the room, and suddenly a person came into my view. When I saw who it was, I had to stop myself from leaving.

There stood Will. He was dressed in his pajamas, and he wore a half amused half serious expression on his face.

"Is that you Lightworm?" He asked.

"Yes it's me." I said flatly. "What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" Will asked. "This is the Herondale manor."

"I asked you first." I glared at him.

"Ugh fine." He said dramatically. "I came here, just to look at the manor. Then I accidentally locked myself in this room. What about you?"

"I was going to go see the Lighwood manor, when I saw that the door to this manor was wide open. I walked inside and I heard you banging on the door." I said.

"Great story." Will said a bit bored. "Let's leave now."

I went to open the door, and it wouldn't open. I tugged on the handle, but it stop wouldn't open.

"Will." I said panicked. "The door won't open."

"What." He said alarmed.

Will then came over and tried to open the door.

"You idiot!" He exclaimed. "Why did you close the door?!"

"If it wasn't for you locking yourself in here, we wouldn't be here in the first place!" I shouted angrily.

"Whatever." Will said frustrated. "I'll just break the door down."

He attempted to break down the door, but it was jammed.

"Damn it." He muttered and we both just sat down on the floor.

"What are we going to do now?" I said.

"I hate to admit, but I don't know." Will said.

We were both silent for a few minutes.

"Why do you hate me?" Will asked suddenly.

I was a bit taken aback at his sudden question

"You act like everything revolves around you. And your always messing things up, well at least you used to." I said.

"You know, I'm not actually like that." Will said and I didn't say anything.

"Thank goodness Cecily isn't like that." I muttered.

"Do you really love her?" Will asked seriously.

Did I love Cecily? Of course I did, I loved her more anything.

"Of course, I love her more than anything." I said truthfully.

"She really loves you too." He said. "Don't hurt her."

"I won't." I said.

"I mean it Lightworm, if you do I'll break both of your arms this time." Will joked.

I actually found myself chuckling. Maybe, just maybe, Will wasn't as bad as I thought.