Chapter 39

After Uncle left everything went back to normal I guess.

But lately I feel like there's a secret their keeping from me because they've been having secret meetings without me at night.

Its probably a surprise but I can't help it when I'm curious.

"I'll see you soon" Grant pecks me on the lips, giving me a hug goodbye.

Him and Val have a business meeting in a different pack, I didn't understand why Val was going and Luke was staying since he's beta but apparently Grant needs a female opinion on his meeting.

I asked why couldn't I and Luke go, but he said I already missed out on a few lessons on school and Luke had to stay behind and guard me.

I said couldn't Ricky guard me, but then he said with a deadpanned look 'Oh yeah, a thirty year old man guarding you at school. Luke can guard you 24/7'

I wave goodbye to Val and Grant as they enter the car.

"So what do we do now?" I ask Luke, who's behind me.

"Well I don't know about you, its 9pm and the pack isn't here since they're all at the gardening festival... So I'm going to sleep because I've been sleep deprived since the night meeti-" he stop himself from saying anything else.

I narrow my eyes at him "What meetings?" I pry.

"It's nothing" he awakwardly rubs the back of his neck "bye" he rushes into his room before I can syay anything else.

I huff turning my heel towards living room, where I find myself completely alone watching the walking dead.

After watching a few episodes I decide to wander around, stuck in my thoughts.

I bump into something and stumble back bit, I realise I was too busy to watch where I was going so I bumped into the hall doors.

I look inside to see if anyone's inside, I am greeted with the glistening piano.

I scan around just to check no ones here, Luke's says he's going to sleep and most of the pack is at the gardening festival.

It's been along time since I sang and the last time it was when I was upset but now I guess I'm just really happy with everything that's happened since then.

Meeting Grant, having amazing friends and opening up to other people.

I sit at the piano looking at keyboards, taking a deep breathe I start to play.

Icing by Charity Vance (please listen to it, it fits well with this chapter)

-----

Clap clap clap.

I jump at the noice and turn my head fast, I wonder how I didn't get whiplash.

"You have a really good voice, bravo" Luke mockingly bows at the door and I'm left with my mouth open.

After my silence and shock , I manage the courage to speak "Luke- I thought you were asleep, how much did you hear?" I fiddle with my fingers .

" Since you stepped into this room and no I wasn't sleeping, Grant would whip my ass if he heard that I fell asleep on the guarding job" he chuckles.

I coudn't help but smile at that, he would recieve a mouthful if he found out I wasn't guarded at all time, drama queen.

"Hey, will you keep this whole singing thing a secret?" I ask, nervous once again.

"Why? Your voice should be out there"

"Its kind of my thing that no ones ever found out except you"

"I'll keep it a secret, but I wasn't the only one who heard" behind him he pulls out an Ethan who's in his pajamas and is holding a teddy.

"Hi Angelica" he shyly waves.

"This little bugger has been asking where you are so you can tuck him in bed since his big sister is at the festival."

I jump off the piano seat and make my way to them both.

"Come on little warrior, it's getting late" I hold Ethan's hand and we leave Luke to close the lights and stuff.

We reach his room and I tuck him into bed, "Goodnight, little warrior."

As I stand up I feel a little hand wrap around my wrist "Can you sing me a lullaby? My mom was the last one to sing me one. Please?" he yawns.

I've never really sang to anyone, but who could turn him down?

I sit back down and think of a lullaby when one comes to mind.

"This lullaby is the one my father used to sing to me, so I apologise if its a bit girly" I chuckle.

His eyes flutter a little but he keeps eye contact "I think you're going to be a great luna"

"Thanks Ethan"

Lullabye by Billy Joel (listen to this one again sorry :D )

Goodnight, my angel
Time to close your eyes
And save these questions for another day
I think I know what you've been asking me
I think you know what I've been trying to say
I promised I would never leave you
And you should always know
Wherever you may go
No matter where you are
I never will be far away

Goodnight, my angel
Now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say
Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an emerald bay
And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark
And deep inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me

Goodnight, my angel
Now it's time to dream
And dream how wonderful your life will be
Someday your child may cry
And if you sing this lullabye
Then in your heart
There will always be a part of me

Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabyes go on and on...
They never die
That's how you
And i
Will be.

-------

I kiss his forehead as I hear soft snores from him.

I make my way to the door and I hold my hand over my mouth to hold in a scream.

"Luke! Don't scare me like that" I whisper chastise.

"I agree with him, I think your going to be a great luna" he says proudly.

"Are you going to literally stalk me 24/7? Because if you are thats a bit too much"

"Haha very funny, I'm not superman. I need to talk you too"

I close the door gently and fold my arms looking at him expectedly.

"Look, I know your suspicious about what we're doing but its a good surprise, so trust us on this" he says with all seriousness.

"How do I know if its good, if I don't know what it is!"

"That's the point of the surprise, I've already told you too much"

"Touché, goodnight" I smile, still skeptical.

"Goodnight and no more questions about it"