Chapter 57

Can we all just take this moment to be happy about life (*cough* *cough* a million reads *cough* *cough*)

Thank you all so much!!!!

WE FUDGIN HIT #1 IN WEREWOLF!!! I WANT TO PUNCH A WALL!!!! (Or cry like a normal person...) THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUCCCCCHHHH!!!!

Okay carry on...

***********
Grant's POV.

She's been gone for hours.

I've gone through different stages:
Crying
Denial
Rage
Despair

Then they all hit me at once and I felt like dying right then and there. Guess that's how you feel when you lose your soulmate completely.

Now I sit here feeling numb after all the tears, I couldn't cry anymore even if I wanted to. I held her hand tight in the hope she would come back to me, holding onto her cold dainty little hand connected to her lifeless body.

I feel numb.

-------

The doctors and the pack knew already, they could feel my pain through the bond because I had no energy to put up a barrier.

Val and Luke visit her and me, they try to comfort me but they don't get it... She's gone and its not like she'll come back.

Dead.

A word I couldn't even comprehend let alone accept.

Ethan didn't know what was happening, right now all he knew was that Angelica was in hospital because she was very sick and they didn't have it in them to tell him she was dead.

"Grant"

I turn to the voice slowly, I didn't even know that someone had entered.

"We need to prepare her body for the funeral" They say cautiously.

This was it wasn't it?

Angelica told me to move on.

But the thing is I don't know if I can.

---------

Angelica's POV.

The people in the distance really looked like my parents and the closer they got the more familiar features appeared.

I called out to them again "Mom? Dad?"

They smiled at me lovingly and thats when I knew it was them. I didn't even hesitate to run to them anymore, I missed them too much.

They opened their arms widely and engulfed me in a warming hug I knew to well. Of course it was different now that I was older and taller but it felt like they never left.

"Is this real?" I ask hoping it wasn't a dream.

"Yes it is, and this is very important" Dad says looking at me intently "The moon Goddess is here"

They both step out of the way to reveal a beautiful woman dressed in white and grey silk (I think it's silk) she smiles at me and I froze. Was it really real?

All of a sudden I could feel the powerful aura coming off her no alpha or high authority gave the same respect I felt towards her.

Before she could reach me I bowed to show respect "Moon Goddess" I whispered.

She laughed a light heavenly voice spreading comfort to everything in
existence.

"Angelica stand up please" she held my hands as I slowly stood up.

"You've turned into a beautiful woman" she complimented and I didn't miss the proud looks my parents were giving me.

"Thank you Moon Goddess" I blushed "Where am I?" I asked politely.

"You're in the land between earth and the after life" she responds "Angelica, do you know why you're here?"

I think for a long moment, things were hectic and my mind is still processing things "Does this mean I'm dead?"

Smiles slipped of their faces and they looked at me sadly "Yes"

I stood there with a blank expression, was I supposed to be happy? Or sad that I left my old life to be with my family.

"Angelica, people are on dangerous moments right now and I needed to pull you out of danger" she says " Things are not going to be easy in the future, not just for you but for everyone. You're the only one who can pull people through the tough times and it's going to be difficult when things start to change"

"What do you mean?"

"Evil things are emerging and the good will have to fight back, you're stronger than anyone else and you'll have to fight the battle the most" she took a deep breathe and sighed "Angelica you may not know it yet but you can do amazing things with the gifts I have given you"

My mind was speeding up and every word she said was absorbing into my brain "What's going to happen?"

"I'm sending you back"

Back to earth? A life where it's hard, cold and unwelcoming? No.

"No."

The Moon Goddess looked at me with sadness and maybe a little regret.

"I've spent too much time stuck in a life full of lies, where everyone was supposed to be someone I would care about and then end up my worst enemy... Why can't I just be happy with you?" I choked looking at my parents with teary eyes.

My mother and father came forward and held my hands "Because you've got a mate who loves you and a trustworthy friend who would do anything for you. Of course they may have made mistakes but they love you. And without you they'll suffer in a harsher world. Angelica just know we'll always be here for you and always watch you when you need us"

I pulled them into a hug that I needed. They were right. I needed Grant. I needed Valerie, Luke, Ethan and many others.

They pulled away back next to the Moon Goddess.

"Why me?" I whispered.

"Why not you?" She smiled.

***********
I am so sorry I haven't updated in awhile schools been a pain, I hate math and english! And I'm not gonna lie I've been super tired and I take naps when I can, even when I know I need to write for all you nice people.

I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT- please stay patient with me- AND A MILLION READS!!!

So sorry again for leaving you on a cliffhanger :)

Please Vote, Comment and Follow.

-lovebooknerds18