Chapter 20: The Aftermath

I slowly open my eyes to be engulfed by an intoxicating sweet musk smell, I look around my surroundings to see I'm in a dark blue room and I'm covered in soft plush covers. I sit up and put my head on my pounding headache, what happened last night?

The door creaks open and a certain little small warrior walks in, "She's Awake!" he screams walking towards me.

"Hi to you too" I smile.

"You looked sleepy last night, my big brudda had to carry you all the way upstairs" he smiled plopping himself on the bed.

Wait- I don't remember that, actually I don't remember anything from lastnight. I was about to ask him when a shirtless Grant walks in, gosh his sixpack... WHAT?

"Ethan, I told you to let her sleep" he crosses his arms and puts a cute but dissaproving face on.

"I didn't she was already awake!" he defends.

"He didn't wake me up" I stick up for the little guy, Grant makes eye contact and turns back to Ethan, "Hey Ethan give us a minute?".

"Okay!" Ethan obediantley agrees. Did Grant use the 'convincing alpha' voice? Then again who wouldn't? Ethan is a little stubborn.

Soon he leaves and I'm left with a sexy Grant, why am I thinking these things?

He sits beside staring me straight in the eye, "How you feeling?" He asks.

"I've got a pounding headache, what happened?" I ask. His face turns into a concerned but amused face. He leaves the room and comes back with a glass of water and a pill.

"Here this will help your hangover," he passes me the glass I don't waste time, I want to get this headache gone as soon as possible.

"Don't you remember a thing?" he asks, a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"Nope, all I remember is I was driving Val to a club then I took a few drinks...." I woke up in his bed...

"We didn't do anything stupid did we?" I ask panicking at what the answer could be.

"Woah no. I'm not like that, I slept on the floor" clearly shocked by my question.

I sigh in relief... I was drinking then Kevin... Then Grant catching me.... Everything rushes back to me like I was struck by lightning.

I probably have a really stupid expression on my face because Grant smirks.

"Remember now?" he asks. I nod and stare at my mate.

I wish I never had to experience this, but I've always wanted a mate... Okay time to face rejection.

I bow my head in shame and sigh, I'm not luna material, "You start..."

"What?" He asks with confusion.

"Please don't make this harder than it has to be," I close my eyes.

"I'll start, I Angelica Marie Liveth reject Gra--" I was about to finish when I feel a hand over my mouth, I open my eyes to see Grant's face a few inches away leaning against me.

"I'm not going to reject you" he whispers.

"Your not?" I mumble under his hand and my eyes flick back and forth staring into his eyes hoping for an answer.

"Why would you think that?" he sounds hurt and releases his hand.

I sigh again, "That's what everyone says... when the 'late bloomer' ever finds her mate, which I doubt, I bet he'll reject her faster than lightning... I've always believed them" I feel a little traiterous tear escape my eye, it runs down my face.

"I wouldn't trade you for anything, I'll always be here" his words make it feel like a dream, his hand wipes away my tear and I smile weakly.

He leans in and my eyes can't help but flicker to his lips.

He softly crashes his lips to mine, not powerful but in a passionate way.

I'm shocked at first but slowly melt into the kiss. It's only been a few hours since I found my mate but I feel like all my problems disappear when I'm with him.

Our lips move in sync as if we were meant to be together, which we are.

Okay... he's my first kiss, and it's special because its my mate.

We both pull away and our foreheads stay together we both smile.

He gently pulls away and stands up, I follow him and fake a little troubled face biting my lip. He frowns and wraps his around me,

"What could be troubling my beautiful mate?" he mumbles on my neck, inhaling my scent.

"We have a problem, well you anyway's." I tease.

He pulls away and looks at me confused but relaxed, "And what's this problem?".

"You have a war on your hands, you stole your brothers girlfriend" I giggle.

He chuckles "Finders KEEPERS!" He shouts loudly, as if his brother is right through the door.

"What happened to first come first served?" I tease.

"I'm older" he whines.

Before I can protest he shuts me up with a kiss and I playfully shove him away, putting my hands on my hips and 'tsk'.

"Grant Whitley already trying to shut me up? You rude boy".

He steps closer towering over me, smirking wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Oh miss Liveth, I can be a even ruder boy" I gasp and playfully slap him in the chest.

I walk out the door, teaching you for being rude.

"Where are you going?" he calls.

"I'm gonna take a shower" I reply.

"Wear a bathing suit!"

"Why?"

"We're going swimming after breakfast"

I roll my eyes and walk to my room.

**************
Hi!
Yay or Nah?
Thank you to all the support lately and Happy New Year!

Ps. The chapters are named weirdly and some are based on food because I'm weird 😁.

Oh and sometimes whatever happens in my life goes into this story, like being sick or something because I dunno this book just means alot to me. T

THANK YOU AND ENJOY!!!!

Vote, Comment and Follow please!

-lovebooknerds18