Chapter 54

Grant's POV.

I immediately raise to my feet hearing the new information.

"What lead?" I ask impatiently.

"It may be hard to believe but when we interrogated some coast guards across the land some say they've been seeing a certain boat which matches the description of the boat that tool Angelica crossing territories"

"Have the guards seen this mysterious boat yet?"

"Our guards haven't seen it for themselves but CCTV confirms that this is the boat and theres more"

What more is there to tracking a mysterious boat and getting my mate back?

A whole lot more you idiot! Our mate could be starving, in pain and they might use her against us!

I growled at the thought of my precious Angelica being hurt.

I swear sometimes your the dumber one between us, stupid human.

Fuck off.

"The boat has been spying over our land for a few months and then it would return to there territory"

"What territory?" My anger rising who would want to hurt my pack don't they know it would only start a war?

"The Blue Moon Pack" he cowers inwardly awaiting my reaction.

Thats enough to send me over the edge.

"That isn't true! I called Angelica's Uncle and he's sent a search party for her. He would know if she's on his territory"

He straightens himself up before speaking to me a again "Grant we think he's holding her, we've sent guards and her scent is definitely stronger there. The boat has been spotted on their shore and we've asked a few members of the pack if they knew about Angelica. There is no search party"

It took about a good minute for the information to process.

"Alpha as your beta and best friend we will get her back"

"No doubt about it"

"Then what do we do now?"

"We play his game and then fight"

-------

Angelica's POV.

"STOP IT PLEASE!!!" I cried begging for them to stop the pain.

"Let the girl go!" Uncle Michael pleads too, he's in a different cell to me.

"Will you give us the information we need?" The guard grabs me gruffly by my hair, levelling my teary eyes with his.

"I don't know anything!"

"Then we're not stopping"

He slaps my back hard again with a whip pushing me back down on the cell floor.

For a minute he stopped exhausted with my endless torture aswell.

Put yourself together Angelica! I thought there are going to be no more tears and your here letting them win!

No!

I don't know where I got the strength from but I stood up looking at the man who is nothing but cruel.

His back was turned and thats when I took it as an opportunity to attack.

I lunged forward taking him by surprise pressing him against the silver bars, he screamed out in pain no doubt that his face and any skin that touched the silver bars were burned. He slumped down trying to grab the whip once more.

I wasn't letting that happen.

Grabbing it before him I slashed him in the chest without mercy and picking up a part of a broken mirror I felt no remorse when I stabbed him in the chest.

"You will not hurt me anymore!"

Flashing down and looking at the the remains of a broken mirror on the wall I see my reflection... Fresh and dry blood , clothes torn, wounds deep and small and dirt cover my whole body.

Yet those same purple eyes stare back at me and I see something new, a tiny growth in my canines.

What's happening to me?

"Restrain her!" I heard someone yell footsteps nearing. There was o doubt in my mind that the James was watching me through the cameras in my room.

I looked up to the cameras with a determined glare " You'll never get what you want you bastard! Hurt me, Break me, Kill me and I'll still fight back!" I shouted my voice had true promise.

I knew the guards were behind me armed and ready.

Without looking back I felt something sting in my leg before passing out.

They'll have to try harder than this but even if they did I'm not breaking.

--------

Grant's POV.

"Alpha James?" I ask through the phone, my wolf growls at the name but I need to keep him under control.

"Grant? What's the problem? Any information on Angelica?" He asks innocently before I would have believed his concern but now I was on high alert and the slightest hesitation in his voice told me he was lying.

"Not yet, I'm a mess and we're losing her scent some traitor cleared her room and my room and now we have nothing for the guards to use!"

It wasn't a lie that someone cleared everything and sprayed the room with with a strong bleach so the guards wouldn't know Angelica's scent.

We caught the little fucker though and killed her immediately, turns out it was one of Abby's shitty friends.

But it gave us a valid reason to cross his territory.

"What are you going to do now?" He asks.

"Well could we come to your land so we can pick up a few of her things? Just as a reference?"

"Of course, I'll be expecting you tomorrow"

"Thank you sir"

The line ends.

Luke and Val look at me with concern but with more hope than the days before.

Suddenly a searing pain crosses my back a feeling like I've been whipped I grab a hold of my desk steadying myself.

Val and Luke are quick to react as they rush forward helping me sit down.

My wolf howls and growls feeling frustration and power rushing into me.

My eyes glaze over and I'm no longer in my mind.

I look through a pair of eyes to a dead man on the floor, the eyes look up and I see my mate staring back at herself through a mirror she's all broken outside but I knew through all that she was strong.

Her eyes were a dark shade of purple and there was a start of growth in her canines.

She screams at a camera before passing out.

I'm pulled back into my own conscience-nous and stare at Luke and Val.

"What happened?" Luke asks steadying me.

"Angelica's partially shifting"

***********
I am so sorry for the wait, Wattpad has been hectic since things were deleted and I'm still fixing a chapter.

But other than that Thank you for being patient with this book and sorry for all who've been waiting for a new chapter.

550k READS! Half a million!!!!

😫😫😫😫😫... I start school in a week... 😫😫😫😫😫

Please Vote, Comment and Follow.

-lovebooknerds18