Chapter 14

Angelica's POV

I wake up this morning to find a tray full of food next to my nightstand, I don't feel hungry but I did wake up feeling a little bit better, not completely healed but on my way. I walk to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror; I look like a hot mess.

With that I decide to freshen up and get changed into some comfy clothes; a white blouse with a light blue skater skirt putting shorts underneath since it's pretty short, I want some fresh air and if it's windy I don't want to be Marilyn Monroe in public do I?

I hope to just set out in the woods, not too far but not too close either, I just want time to think and be surrounded by nature, somewhere peaceful.

I unlock my door and grab a banana in the kitchen quickly, I didn't have anything with me but the banana, I walk gently and quickly to the door when one Ethan met me there.

"Where are you going? Are you ok? What did Grant do?" he asks, he looks up to me like a luna.

I smile and laugh,

"Grant didn't do anything..." He frowns not believing me.

"I don't know where I'm going, but don't worry I'll be back" I smile, he returns the smile before running back to his room, where I hear Lego's clicking together.

Okay, I'm going to gently walk around and try not to step on any twigs, do not cause anymore attention to yourself , I think.

I finally step into the forest feeling the autumn leaves fall near me and the smell of grass, is overwhelming in a good way.

I run around like a child feeling the air make my hair fly back, enjoying every moment of my free time, not caring about the world around me. It's the first time I've relaxed since I arrived here.

I stop, when I find myself in front of the biggest tree I've ever seen. I know it may seem weird but I feel like I've seen this certain tree before, something feels so right . I circle the tree scanning it, probably having a stupid face, I'm stalking a tree!

I found a small hole in the tree covered by streams of a string like plant.

I push the plants apart revealing a small heart locket inside, there was a carving of a heart with a few initials inside.

JL + SL = AML

I take the locket and open it very gently...

My eyes water.

My mom, dad and me are inside. This is my mother's locket.

JL + SL = AML

Jonathan Liveth + Sophie Liveth = Angelica Marie Liveth.

I tightly clutch it in my hands, closing my eyes for a brief moment. Then the visions come back.

I was running around the tree around 5, "Angelica, come here" My father called. I stopped and walked to the side of the tree he was on with my mother. "Look Angelica, I carved our names to this tree, it can be ours now" he held my mother's hand and kissed my cheek.

"Eww" I wiped my cheek, he and my mother laughed at me and I frowned. "Angelica, when your old enough you can have my locket," she held the heart in her hand and gently removed the necklace off her neck placing it in the tree hole.

"I'll leave it here for you, you will remember this when you're older and don't forget to wear it everyday okay?" I nod not completely understanding the whole situation, but for that moment I just wanted to make my mother happy.

"You can play on the swing now". The swing was located on the shortest branch on the tree which had to be at least 30 feet tall since it was the biggest tree in the forest, some of the trees didn't even reach that branch.

Looking back now, How could my parents let a 5 year old girl on a simple swing without any safety precautions even on the floor without worrying? They looked calm, I could have easily fell to my death, but something inside of them trusted me to do this safely.

I climbed the tree with ease, my father used to swing with me on his lap. But now I guess they trusted me to do it on my own, my little feet was not helping much because I couldn't elevate myself much.

The swing was suspended in air on the middle of the branch literally if you sat on the thick plank of wood (the seat) there was only 2 big bulky strings surrounding you.

I sat there and swung almost feeling like I was flying. Around 20 minutes passed (the vision sped it up though).

"Angelica it's time to go home" my mother called, I opened my eyes to see the sun was setting and I yelled "I'm coming!".

I swung back and forward as vigorous as I could and let go... letting me fly up for a few seconds before falling at a really fast speed, I grabbed another tree branch on a shorter tree letting me dangle in the air before entering a whole shorter tree, my father carved the tree specially inside to create a slide to get off the swing.

(so like you swing really hard, you had to get the aim and power just right or else it would go horribly wrong, then you grab this certain branch as you fall from the air, swinging again to the near by shorter tree, (there's a hidden slide carved inside fitting adults too) and you slide to the ground.)

(a/n still with me?)

As I slid down into my fathers arms "You know as you grow older, the trees grow older, they will always be perfectly fitted for you" I smiled knowing that these trees will always be my size, I could use them at any age.

The vision ends.

What just happened? I ask myself. My mother's locket is still in my hands and I gently unlock the clasp putting it around my neck, that's what my mother wanted.

****************

Hello! we recently reached 2k reads! ACHIEVEMENT.

So anyway's because I'm a nice person I will update tomorrow because it's my birthday!

Vote, Comment and Follow please.

-lovebooknerds18