Chapter 27: Interogation

Grant's POV.

"Angelica!" I called out, my mate was falling and she was falling fast.

Do something! My wolf cried.

I ran faster towards her, she darted her eyes at different places and her face was filled with confusion. In the split second that she was confused but something lit her face up.

I was close to her but she is so close to the ground as well. Her arm tries to reach something to grab, she successfully gets a firm grip onto it but her small figure clashes into the rocks, she screams in pain.

I waste no time to try and get her to safety.

I gently ask her to let go and fall she hesitates at first but slowly loosens her grip, I catch her swifty feeling the warmth of my mate.

My wolf stirrs as he knows my mate is safe, for now.

She struggles to get herself down so I support her as she embraces me in a tight hug, I almost lost her. That pained me the most, the thought of losing the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I bury my head in the crook of her neck and inhale her intoxicating scent, it soothes me.

"Don't leave me" I plead, it's the first time I've relied on someone so much since my parents died. They taught me not to love so much because it can be the joy in my life or it can be the death.

"I won't" she whispers, I hug her tighter as those two words calm me as I believe she will never leave me.

I enjoy her embrace while she is still here.

"Alpha," Luke interrupts, I look at his troubled face while Angelica hugs Valerie who sobs in her shoulder.

"What's wrong?" I ask as his fingers are fumbling.

"We've got the rogue down and awake" he straightens up, composing himself.

My eyes darken at the man who almost killed Angelica. "Put him in the cells for interogation" I order he bows and tells the other men orders.

I clench my teeth as I watch them restrain and force him to walk towards the car.

Torture and kill him My wolf sneers.

Gladly. I reply.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as I see Angelica gasps trembling and shaking, fury filling her. I can feel how she tenses and the betrayal she feels through the mate bond.

The man smirks at her state, that bastard.

Before I know it Angel walks right to him and slaps him in the face, that slaps the wicked smirk he has as he lets a growl out to her.

She starts screaming and screeching at the top of her lungs.

"How dare you! How could you let a child watch her parents die!"

"You Betrayer! You Murderer! You Killer!"

She sobs, what was this all about?

He teased her and in her state right now I was afraid for her, this is a deeper situation than I first thought of. Is it possible Angelica has met this man before?

"I WANT YOU DEAD! I WANT YOU TO BURN IN HELL! THAT'S WHERE YOU BELONG!" I could see her body rush with adrenaline giving her rant the best she's got.

This is dangerous because once all that energy she is gone her body could fail as she has no more energy to function.

Before she could lunge at him again I grab her wrist and pull her to my chest restraining her, I wrapped my arms around her little figure.

But she was stubborn, she wanted revenge even in the smallest amounts.