Chapter 28: Nightmares

"I'm worried" A feminine voice says.

"Don't be, she'll be fine"

"Alpha, she needs to rest" another says.

I gently open my eyes to be blinded by a light and as I squint to adjust my focus to find I'm in a hospital bed. With my friends and mate sitting beside me.

"What happened?" I mumble trying to sit up when I feel some fabric on my stomach.

I flinch at the pain that surges through me, I pull the blanket a little and examine my stomach, which has a bandage on it.

When they notice my presence, they all stare at me and smile, I can see right through it though, they're worried.

"Hey Angel" Grant holds my hands and kisses them.

I shift and I feel pain at my abdomen.

"What happened?" I ask again.

They all freeze and frown, I'm starting to get suspicous what actually happened?

Val begins to play with the strings of her jackets, she clears her throat "umm..." she begins.

"Climbing Wall" is all she says not wanting to go into detail.

Climbing Wall?

Then it clicks.

Rogue, betrayer, parents, falling all of that crap come back.

My throat dries and I'm on the verge of tears again, I tuck my knees against me and tremble even the pain I feel physically isn't as worse as the fear that attacks me.

What if he's still alive? What if the murderers want to finish me off? My mind fills with all these what ifs.

They all jump and rush towards me as I rest my head against my knees and cry.

"Angelica everythings going to be fine" They try to assure me, but the fear is overwhelming and I can't seem to calm down.

"No it won't, not until they're all dead" My comes out shaky and weak, but I don't really care up to this point.

Grant wraps his arms around me and I flinch and out of instinct move away from his touch, all of the faces that I remember were in my pack, but they weren't loyal instead they helped with my parents murder.

I don't know if I can really trust anyone anymore.

"Angelica please tell us what you know, we can't help until we know what happened out there" Luke calmly asks.

I look up to see their worried and soft facial features, I look into Grant's eyes which fill with hurt when I moved away from him "Please" he says.

I take a deep breathe, I can trust them.

I wipe my eyes and straighten up as much as I can it's hard because my body just wants to curl up into a ball and cry pretending that this is not reality.

"H-h-he h-held me down when they killed them" I stammer swallowing hard, as much as I try to keep a blank expression my mouth shakes and the tears roll freely.

"Killed who?"

"My parents. I-I s-saw them d-die" All the support and barriers that told me to stay strong crumble, making all my emotions pour out.

I don't go into detail, I don't want to re-live it.

"Shhh" Grant rubs my back and this time I don't hesitate and I wrap my arms around his body and cry onto his shoulder, he's my home and support. Only did I realise he is my everything.