Chapter 58

Grant's POV.

"Grant it's time" Luke puts a hand on my shoulder as I tightly grip Angelica's hand.

I managed to hold them off for 5 hours spending time saying things I should have said to Angelica while she was alive. I hoped even with her lifeless body she could hear how much I loved her and how she meant the world to me.

My wolf was weak he whimpered, cried and blocked me off. I wouldn't blame him if I had only been a good mate this would have never happened.

But she told me I had to move on. I wasn't prepared for it if anything I just want to lie there with her but a promise is too powerful to be broken.

"Give me a few more minutes alone then, I'll try" he nods lowly and exits the room.

"I love you Angelica and this is definitely not goodbye. I won't let go of you until the day I die"

----------
Angelica's POV.

"I don't want to go back" I cried on my dad's shoulder "Can't I just stay with you?"

My mum pulled me into a hug and I tightly hugged her back "I know it hurts baby, but they need you down there and you need them too"

She wiped my tears away and smiled and me "Me and your father are very proud of what you've become and what you'll achieve in the future we love you".

"I love you so much"

"And we love you with all our heart"

The Moon Goddess stepped forward as I departed from my parents "It's time Angelica" I can only nod as words fail to describe how I'm feeling. Part of me wants to stay her but part of me wants to go back and save my loved ones.

"You are strong and you know you'll be receiving your wolf on your 18th birthday. A promise I made to your parents years ago and one I will keep even if you can't shift you will have the strength of a wolf" she held my hands and my eyes looked at her dazzling emerald ones. "You will do great things Angelica, things no one else can do"

"I'm afraid" I whimper.

"I know but I'll always be watching you and doing my best to protect you from danger, but there is things I cannot interfere with either. It will only be you and your wolf with the family and friends you have gained."

I look back to my parents and for the first time I smile back.

"Your wolf is strong and she'll help you pull through"

"How do you know she's strong?"

"She's the only descendant of my own wolf" she proudly states.

"I love you" I tell my mom and dad "Thank you too Moon Goddess"

"It's alright Angelica. Go back now"

"Okay"

-----------
Grant's POV.

The doctors were around my mate wary and unhappy that their luna died. A great luna who would've lead them well, one who would put others first and would've been a great mother to our pups.

Ethan kept asking about Angelica, Luke tells me he's been trying to bake cookies or build something out of lego to present to her when she gets home. He prayed for the Moon Goddess to make her feel better as we told him she wasn't doing very well. They told him gently that she may not make it and that she is really sick.

He wouldn't believe a word they said he strongly believed that she would come back and fight through, apparently she made a promise to come back and he thinks that a broken promise can fix everything. Secretly I believed him. But what are the odds?

I watched intently as the doctors handled my dead mate as for one wrong move I swear to kill them.

Then a small thing happened one thing I was sure was just in my mind. Did she flinch?

"Stop!" I commanded immediately they stopped assessing her and looked at me with sympathy.

"Did anyone else see her flinch?" I asked, I knew I sounded ridiculous but I wanted to believe what I sae

"Alpha..."

"Did you see it or not!" I shouted, my wolf in a frenzy for no reason.

"Grant you need to rest" Luke says calmly and Val puts her hand on my shoulder but I shrug it off.

My eyes look at Angelica intently waiting for something to happen.

Hoping for something to happen.

Then she flinches once again, then I hear gasps around me.

"Impossible" the doctors gasp.

I rush to her side and hold her hand.

"Baby, if you can hear me please cone back"

Soon after her body shakes rapidly even the things around us shake.

The heart monitor goes into a frenzy, her bruises and cuts heal rapidly, she gains the colour back onto her skin.

Come on, come on. I chant.

Her chest rises from the bed and thrashes back down.

Them I hear a loud gasp if air.

Her skin glows and she's completely healed.

But everything stops the heart monitor, the shaking, the gasping for air.

"Angelica?" I whisper, afraid if I just lost her again.

But then her eyes open. And I am met with a beautiful shade of purple eyes ones I've never seen before yet ones I remember.

*********
Ello ello ello nerdlings. A chapter people have been waiting for yet another cliff hanger.

Sorry but I don't know how to end it without one.

FEAR NOT I WILL BE DOUBLE UPDATING TOMORROW SINCE Y'ALL DESERVE IT SO STAY PATIENT CUZ I'M TIRED.

Please Vote, Comment and Follow.

-lovebooknerds18