Chapter 6

I finally get changed and text Val:

Won't be home till later

Then I put my phone in my bag and grab my stuff and leave. I meet coach to see she was talking to some guy, "Oh hi Liveth, this is the headmaster Meniek (Men-nee-ik)" I shake his hand and politely smile.

" I need to go to a meeting today in the gym so today you'll be on the track."

"Okay" I respond and walk off to the track and stretch.

I jog along the track and listen to music for a while .

I see it's 15 minutes to 4 and try and finish the last lap when I see a bunch of cheerleaders practicing.

Including Abby and her crew. I try to avoid them since they were so close to the exit.

With my luck, they notice me and laugh, "Oh look girls, the 'late bloomer' wants to join the squad" Abby snorts I slump my shoulders thinking how she got my old name and mumble "Actually I only do sports", she hears me. Damn it!

I really need to remember werewolf hearing thing.

"Oh so you don't think cheerleading is a sport," she glares, I stay quite and hope I could just disappear.

"Listen," she pushes "I don't care if you're high up or not" she pushes me again making me step back at every word "You will never fit in you pathetic little loser, you know why? Because your a disgrace to the werewolf community, A girl who can't shift or protect that little head of yours" she pushes me a last time making me fall to the ground. The girls laugh at me and I feel humiliated.

I don't stick around to give them the pleasure to see me cry and I 'Stupid Abby, Sasha, Caitlin, Stupid School! Stupid Pack!' I think, feeling the warm tears stream down my face as I walk through the path in the woods.

Great start.

Something rustles around me and I stop in my paths, it doesn't take werewolf senses to notice something's stalking and following me. The tears stop running and I stand still, not daring to move.

I turn my head slowly to see a dark figure immerge.

A rogue.

The rogue tries to pounce at me but I dodge it quickly and I run as fast as I can in any direction and soon enough I can't see the rogue anymore,I relax and look around not knowing where I was out of breathe.

I was in a field and the road looked a little familiar and realise its the road to the pack house but it was a good hour away by car and I was knocked out from all the running so I decide to walk and did I mention this road was deserted?

I start crying again remembering the cheerleaders, what did they have against me? I didn't do anything to them.

;_;

I didn't realise a car pulled up next to me, and the person rolls the window down to see it was Grant why would he help me?

He was one of them. "Get in the car" he instructed, okay a little weird, maybe he was cute and all, and I was desperate to hitch a ride but I was always taught not to get in a car with a stranger.

"Why?" I sniffle.

"Because I said so, get in the car" He said annoyed.

I wanted to know why he wanted to help, so I stood there still processing everything.

"Am I going to have to drag you in myself do I?"

That's when I heard a growling wolf the same rogue that tried to pounce on me " Shit" he yells "Get in the car!".

I don't hesitate this time and jump inside and then he steps on the gas.

---

After what seems to be eternity, I finally have the courage to speak.

"Thanks" I say out of breathe. I look at him and his face checks the mirror to see if the rogue is still there. He looks at me for a second and I turn away.

He breaks the silent, "Why didn't you shift? you know, so you can run faster" he asks curiously. I bow my head in shame "I can't" I say.

"What do you mean?" He hesitates to ask almost saying ' You don't need to answer'.

The truth twice a day, yay....

"I just can't, I don't even have any senses I'm like a human" that sentence brings me back to reality and I cover my face with my hand and cry.

"Why are you crying? I didn't mean to upset you." he says taking pity.

"It's not that, My life is just a bunch of shit" I sob, not even caring if he was mr popular seeing a pathetic girl cry.

He remains silent the rest of the way, which I was glad for.

Figures who wants to help me.

We arrive at the pack house I look up and see a concern in his face staring at me, I just turn and open the door leaving. I run to my room and lock it.

I slump to my pillow and cry until I fall asleep, finally escaping the harsh world.

***********

Done! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS!

Please vote, comment and follow!

-lovebooknerds18