Chapter 24: Lunch

Grant's POV.

I just don't understand Angelica she was fine until I mentioned school then she suddenly went quiet. She didn't want to sit at our table because she would rather spend her time with Andrew... The alpha of The Midnight Banes, to be honest I'm good friends with him since he's allies with my pack The Shadow Kiss Pack.

But I can't help but feel jealous, I should trust her.

When we were in the living room I was going to keep this conversation with Angelica until Luke mindlinked me saying that Val needed to talk to me in private.

Now we're in my office and I sit on my desk completely confused, why doesn't she want to be with me at school?

"Yes Valerie? You wanted to tell me something?" I ask eager for information about my mate.

She took a deep breathe "Let Angelica spend time with Andrew".

" Why? She's my mate".

"She's afraid" she explains, but what is she afraid of?

I stay quiet giving her the signal to carry on what she was saying.

"She's afraid of the attention, the bullying and teasing" This was new, I never knew she got bullied, I mean I thought the whole friday gym class thing was a one off thing.

"By who?" I could feel my wolf going in protective mode.

She stayed quiet contemplating if she really wanted to tell me.

"By who?" Luke asks with a pleading voice, he was Angel's friend and understood that no one messes with the alphas mate and his friends.

"Everyone" she mumbles.

EVERYONE?!?!?!

Let me at them! My wolf snarls.

I could feel my eyes darken and the rage fill inside of me, who would dare harm my mate. I'm going to take revenge.

"Don't make it worse, let her stay silent that'll keep her unharmed" she explained.

I snap my head towards her, WHAT? I'M NOT SUPPOSE TO HELP MY MATE?!? THAT'S COMPLETE BULLSHIT!

"Calm down Grant" Luke tries to calm me because he knows that I'm about to explode.

"Trust me Grant, she wouldn't want you threatening or harming anyone because of her, she'll think she is more weak if she need other to protect from them." I inhale deeply closing my eyes calming myself, she did have a point.

What? No! I'll kill them! My wolf disagrees.

I put him under barriers, this bickering will last hours if I didn't.

I sigh and put my elbows on my desk "Fine but if I see any of this, I won't hesitate to take action".

She gives out a sigh of relief and Luke does the same " I'll take action as well because honestly I would love to kick Abby's ass again" she smiles at what seems to be the image of her punching Abby.

I smile then realise, my smile fades down.

Luke beat me to what I was going to say "Wait the mutt who humiliated Angelica in gym class?" Luke spat in disgust. Val nods.

"That slut!" I burst.

"Guessing you know her?" Val curiously asks.

"Pftt... Know her? She fricken flirts with Grant and other alphas hoping one day she'll be luna of a strong pack. She is clearly delusional!" Luke fumes.