Chapter 9

I wake up to see I'm in a white room, it looks like a hospital room. I try to sit up but my body feels numb with a slight tingle of pain.

I think they hear my movement and Val sits up on her chair near the corner next to Luke who was comforting her. "Angel," she smiles "You're okay now" she stands next to me.

"What happened? " I ask my throat dry, trying to remember as much as I can after the incident.

She takes a deep breathe "You were on the floor and Luke picked you up and took you to the hospital, you lost a lot of blood".

I try to process everything to find my body perfectly healed "How did I heal?" I ask confused.

"The doctor gave you special werewolf medicine that makes you heal fast since you can't heal like you know... but it's really hard to make, it was just a matter of luck that they found a jar of it" she pauses and breathes.

"Angel you could have died, you had so many cuts and there was barely any blood in you" a tear escaping her eye.

"I should have been there for you" she sobs.

"Hey it's not your fault" I smile, I didn't like making her feel regret when she didn't do anything wrong.

"I'm alive anyways, it'll take a lot more to kill me" I see a small faint smile form on her lips and Luke just nods in respect hugging his mate, I knew he felt her guilt it was the bond I guess.

I remember Grant "Where's Grant?" I ask curiously.

"He went to check the borders, to see if there were any other rogue's lurking around since..." Luke answers he seriously looks at me "Angelica, this is important, do you have any idea why anyone wants to harm you?" I shake my head which I admit was a bit painful.

"No I don't know, why would someone see a girl who can't shift as a threat?" He relaxes a little but still stands tall.

"But..." I whisper.

"But what?" Val asks concern in her voice.

"He told me it was not him who wanted me it was his master."

"Do you know this master?"

"No"

The door opens and a doctor and nurse comes in "ah, Angelica your awake, may I talk to her alone for a few seconds?" Luke and Val nod and leave.

"Hi Angelica I'm Dr Stefen and this is Nurse Jenny, you will be on bed rest today then you'll be perfectly ready to leave tomorrow."

"Thank you, can I do sports?" I ask. I can't stay at school without doing something I like.

"Yes, but not today. You were very lucky to have survived, you had a few infected cuts which couldn't harm a werewolf but well.." I took his hint and layed back down relaxed.

"I'll leave you to rest," he gestures the nurse to follow him, he was halfway when he stopped "Oh and you will go to school on friday so consider Thursday your day off" and with that he leaves.

Val peeked inside "I'm sorry Angel but tomorrow we can't pick you up in the morning since we have school, will you will be alright if the driver just picks you up and take you to the pack house?"

Hmmmm A day to myself.

"I'll be fine don't worry" she smiles I can tell she's feeling better, then she leaves.

——————

I couldn't wait to get out of this boring room, Val did bring me my phone though.

Today is the day of my discharge and I'm glad. After I filled out a few papers there was a car waiting for me. I enter it and greet the man, who was the same guy when we first arrived which was a few days ago. He greets me back and as soon as I know it we are already there, I thank him and leave the car.

I enter the pack house to find Jessica rushing around and doesn't notice me walk in. "Hi" I say. She turns to the place where the sound came from and she quickly drops everything and comes to hug me.

"Oh My Gosh, when I heard everything I hoped you were alright!" I smile at her and tell her I'm fine.

"Oh Angel, everyone's at work and I need to leave now!" checking her watch, "You'll have the whole pack house to yourself for 3 hours, will you be alright?".

"I'll be fine trust me now go before your late!" She gives me one last hug and rushes out.

The whole house to myself? Sounds great.

I walk upstairs and take a nice long bath then change into some new fresh clothes. What can a girl do in 2 hours? I decide to explore the pack house even more since I only got the 'essentials' tour.

This place is so big I swear it was like a maze.

I look around to see if I remember the way I went, but no luck so I decide to explore even more, I found out there was a pool and a porch etc. How big is this place?

Something catches my eye on these 2 big decorated doors. I open them to see a beautiful elegant ball room that could fit atleast 200 people and in the centre a piano.

I decide, since no ones home, why don't I burn some emotions off? So I sit by the piano and start playing.

***********

Ello! Its like 3:50 in the morning but oh well! I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTES, COMMENTS ETC.

I'm adding an adorable character on Sunday, I bet you'll love him... well I think that anyways.

Vote, Comment and follow please.

-lovebooknerds18