Chapter 64

I fidgeted, I couldn't help it. No matter how much strength the Moon Goddess gave me I just couldn't help but worry that my mate is out there with my loyal pack.

Obviously, I followed them for a reason and that reason is to fight this war with or without them.

But I had no experience in these type of things, I had been left in the dark for far too long nor did I have enough time to prepare.

Yet something told me that I could do this and it wasn't just my wolf egging me on. It was like for the past hour or so I just feel like every step I take the more confidence builds and the more strength I gain.

Could I really risk my life for my pack?

The answer was yes.

Everyone I had ever loved was here now and could I really risk all of there lives to my bitter uncle? No, because he was my problem to deal with and that was something I was going to solve.

I could gradually feel my powers coming in but that didn't mean I could use them, I was still training. I was merely a rookie at this game. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought of my friends and the hope I had for the moon goddess for me to gain strength both mentally and physically for this war.

As if she had listened, my sense of smell became suddenly stronger. I could smell my surroundings, the leaves, the forest animals, the smell of my mate.

Mate.

I had the sudden urge to follow the trail, which I was doing anyway but if I could smell Grant, then he could possibly smell me and no way was I was going to risk blowing my cover.

Moon Goddess please give me strength.

I had an idea, but I was surely going regret it.

I held my breath and proceeded to roll in the dirt. It was nasty, it had rained the night before.

Once I could no longer smell my own scent, I followed Grant's scent.

--------------------------

Following Grant's scent was fairly easy but I must admit that the new stronger sense of smell did make my head hurt.

Seeing a small lake in the distance I decided I should rinse off the dirt as it was making me itch.

I walked slowly towards the lake as any twig snaps could give my cover away. I was about to step into the lake before a hand covered my mouth and restrained my hands so I couldn't move.

Panic washed over me as I didn't recognised the scent.

"Alpha!"

------------------------

Ethan's POV.

I gently put a finger over my lips, signalling for my teddy to shhhhhh.

"You can't tell anybody" I cried quietly as my teddy bear looked at me sadly.

"I have to find Angel, she's not going to leave me like mommy and daddy" As if he nodded with sadness, I creeped gently outside.

Jessica and Grant once gave a spray to mask my scent if there was ever a pack attack.

I sprayed myself before heading off with high hopes.

I don't want to lose you Angel.

Not again.

****************

A little sneak peak!

I'm slowly building up the story, I am so sorry again.

Please stick with me.

Please Vote, Comment and Follow.

-lovebooknerds18