Chapter 42

My breathe caught in my throat, the air was knocked out of my lungs like a punch to the gut.

My mouth was moving but no words came out but a small whimper.

My eyes started to well up with tears and soon after my body was shaking, my confident wall was shattered into a million pieces in a matter of seconds.

Andrew who I forgot was there grabbed my arm and slowly walked me away from the scene, they didn't even notice me.

Figures who would notice me.

I didn't want to be her anymore, I wanted to be someone strong, unbreakable and most importantly confident.

I'm not going to cry over this.

With all the strength I could muster up I wiped my tears and kept my face blank it wasn't hard since the numbness took over.

I was not going to be pushed around anymore.

-

Grant's POV.

Math. A subject I wasn't fond of, I mean when am I going to use equations, algebra and equations in my life?

It wasn't like I was listening anyways, Angelica was on my mind throughout all my lessons we haven't had a lesson together yet.

If things keep getting worse between us I was going to tell her regardless of the romantic moment or not.

"Grant" I snap out of my daze I look up to Luke and Valerie "Class is over."

I nod "Right, yeah sorry I'm dazing off. I'm going to find Angelica"

I pack everything and hurry out of the classroom.

I search around for my mate, but today it seems like she's avoiding me even more I look around the hall and smell a distinctive smell.

Mate mate mate! My wolf chants, I follow the smell to a small corridor.

Where? I ask my frantic wolf who's itching to get out for some reason.

There behind the locker! he shouts, I walk over to the so called locker but something doesn't feel right.

As the locker door closes I look at my so called 'mate' my wolf was chanting.

Abby?

Something in me just broke and my wolf came out of nowhere.

"Hey Grant, did you need something" She says seductively, I wanted to barf. But I wasn't myself my wolf took over and I felt helpless. I could only see through the eyes of my wolf, it was like I was pushed behind the back of my own mind.

My wolf was going crazy as if we just met our mate.

My eyes settled on something on her neck, a necklace with certain inscriptions on it, I tried my best to look at it before my wolf started to lean forward.

The inscriptions were in a forgotten language...

It was dark magic.

Let me out! She's evil! She's tricking you! I desperately tried to communicate with my wolf but we were already liplocked with this low life.

She's our mate Grant He reasoned he definitely believed it was our mate.

What about Angelica? That was like a cold splash of water to his face he immediately pushed her away and I regained control.

My body shook with anger and my blood was boiling "Listen here you low life slut I know you're using dark magic" I grabbed her necklace and ripped it off her neck "Leave me before I kill you for disrespecting me, come near my pack again and I will kill you personally" I growl.