Chapter 11

I snap out my thinking moment by the front door closing, I walk down and see Val and everyone in the pack walk through sniffing the air.

"What smells so good?" Val asks before she sees me, "Pancakes" I reply.

"Angel!" she shouts running towards me, hugging me almost tackling me to the ground. Luke had to pry her off me.

We all walk to the kitchen and they are astonished by the stacks of pancakes.

"How many?" Grant teases.

"Wasn't my fault, blame someones brother" I playfully retort, I still don't know who's Ethan's family is.

"Ethan! Oh gosh I forgot!" Jessica panics, ohhh explains the same features, so Jessica, Grant and Ethan are siblings.

She and Grant rushes upstairs while Val stares at my face.

"What?"

"Why is there blue all over your face?" she tilts her head to examine my face further.

I bite my lip trying to remember.

"Oh long story".

Crap I still have my 'war' paint on, I flush and excuse myself so I can wipe it off in the bathroom. I skip upstairs to the bathroom and wash my face before checking on Ethan .

I gently open the door and see Grant and Jessica sitting next to a sleepy Ethan.

"Thank you for taking care of him" Jessica hugs me and Grant simply nods. They both exit first, I was about to leave when I hear little mumbles.

"Angel are you my friend?" Ethan asks, I turn around and smile.

"Of course I am, now go back to sleep"

"Okay" he closes his eyes again.

He's adorable.

———————

I'm ready nice and early, I know I'm going to have to face life sooner or later and I just want to get it over with.

"Morning." I greet everyone, I'm just going to be on my best mood before the worse comes to happen.

"Someones happy" Val smiles.

"Not everyday you escape death can you?" I joke, she frowns.

"Angel that was pretty serious you could have..." I cut her off.

"But I'm alive and well so I'm okay with it" just then Luke and Grant walk in with their professional faces on.

"What's happened?" Val asks, she can probably sense Luke's stress, "I'm sorry Angel but we couldn't find the rogue, it was like his tracks just disappeared" I frown and get nervous.

He got loose? Will he come back? Will he come back stronger? My thoughts were interrupted "Don't worry we won't let anything harm you, again" Val assures me and I fake a relaxed sigh for her sake but I was truly horrified, how did a ruthless rogue just disappear into thin air?

They both sit at the dinner table and Ethan soon joins us. Sitting beside me and Grant.

"Listen here everyone!," He stands on the chair.

"Angel is my girlfriend!" he shouts, I choke on my food and have a coughing fit.

5 minutes have passed.

Everyone is laughing and I am still coughing.

"Woah there Angel, you need to stop choking or else there won't be a future Mrs Whitley" Val teases laughing her ass off.