Chapter 39

"Wakey, wakey sleepy head"

I groan and turn deeper into my bed, today was the day I went back to school.

I was not happy about it.

"Go away" I moan.

"No can do, Grant told me you had to go and since he is my alpha and best friend I have to follow orders" Luke explains as if I'm a child.

"Go away"

"Don't make me get you out of bed" he warns.

I decide to test my luck so I turn to face the wall, trying to get back to sleep.

I actually didn't have much sleep since Grant wasn't here, I'm probably sounding cheesy but I've got used to him being a giant teddy bear.

"Don't say I didn't warn you" On cue a splash of something cold hits my face.

He Did Not Just Pour Freezing Water On Me!

"WHAT THE HECK!" I scream bolting up from bed.

I watch as Luke's face morphs into a full blown grin "I warned you, now get ready."

Before I could respond he bolts out of the room.

Wuss.

----

"I don't want to be here"

"I don't either cupcake, but suck it up and walk"

I groan internally and look at those big red doors which funnily enough is my interpretation to the doors to hell.

School.

And inside is the devil, Abby.

"Can we skip?" I plead, looking at an amused Luke.

He raises his eyebrows at me "Is the goody too-shoes Angelica Liveth wanting to skip"

I shoot him an annoyed look, "please?"

"Nope and walk for the last time before I drag you in there" he threatens.

After what he did this morning I don't doubt him anymore because he will drag me in there kicking and screaming.

Groaning one last time I push myself forward towards the school doors.

I'm met with that same white board marker smell, I take a deep breathe before going to my locker.

----
I need my math, science and history book.

I chant, trying to remember what I need for the day since I did not want to be the forgetful one on the first day back.

"Hello Angelica" A voice startles me, sending me to jump back a little.

I look back to see a face that I've been missing.

"Andrew!" I greet, I smile at him before glaring.

"Whats with the glare?" He asks.

"Don't creep up on me like that, I could've had a heart attack."

He smiles sheepishly "Oh yeah sorry" but as soon as he fakes a cough I could hear a mumble "drama queen."

I don't bother acknowledge it.

"How have you been?" I ask, I haven't seen him in ages and I want to catch up on things.

"Nothing much, being Alpha, meetings and a bunch load of boring stuff" he sighs dramatically putting a hand on his forehead leaning back.

I couldn't help the small giggle escape my lips.

Andrew grins ands decides to play along "OMG why are laughing at me, so nooot professional" he snaps his finger side to side.

I couldn't help but break out into full laughter, for an alpha he sure wasn't acting like one right now. I think thats what I like about Andrew.

"So manly you are" I joke.

"Totes"

-----
It was lunch and today I decided to eat in the cafeteria, I don't know where this new found confidence came from, but I could sense Grant had something to do with it.

He's bringing me out of my shell.

Luke's with his friends since he's been guarding me nonstop all day and lunch is the time where I can spend time with Andrew (not in a romantic way).

I always wonder why Andrew sits with me, I mean he is alpha, popular and social.

He could easily sit wherever he wanted yet he sits with the latent.

"Why are there creases on your face?" I snap out of my daze and face Andrew.

"Oh, sorry I was just thinking" I reassure with a smile.

"What about?"

"I don't know... Why do sit with me at lunch?" I blurt out.

He lets out a small chuckle then faces me "Because the "friends " I hang out over there " he gestures to a table full of jocks " are idiots and some use me for power. But you are genuine and its nice to have a friend" he sighs.

I smile at the dork "awww your words are so deep and meaningful Shakespeare" I laugh.

He lets out a airy laugh "stop being such a dork."

I glare playfully "I will once you stop being an idiot."

"I guess we'll stay the same forever because I will be your idiot"

I shake my head "but... Grant is idiotic, not to mention Val and Luk-"

"Okay- Okay, I'll be one of your idiots"

Just as I finish my lunch a few girls pass by looking lost and confused, I realise they're Abby's crew.

But she isn't there.

"Where's the devil who wears prada?" I ask.

"She had to go somewhere out of the pack, apparently for some Alpha business, and really the devil who wears prada?"

I shrug.

***********

Sorry for the late update! Schools been dragging but we reached 70k 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁.

Thank you.

Please Vote, Comment and Follow.

-lovebooknerds18