Chapter 31: Training and Failing

Today I got up early so I could start the training I missed out on, I am getting prepared as Grant and everyone else is downstairs.

I'm nervous but excited this time I can atleast learn how to defend myself against rogues or something.

It's not going to be easy I know that, wolfs train all their lives learning new tricks and moves and I barely know how to pack a punch.

I walk downstairs to a grumpy Val, most probably because she is not a morning person.

I smile brightly at her frown then she glances at me before attacking me in a hug, I haven't seen her in ages since I've locked myself in my room for a while. Her eyes were lined with a dark shade under, she hasn't slept well.

"Nice to see you too, I've missed you" I say as I squeeze her back.

After a small talk we eat breakfast with the boys. They kept telling me battle and defence strategies which I couldn't really relate to.

It's like teaching a toddler!

But of course Ethan being Ethan knew everything they said and I was left flustered.

----

Me and Val head to a private training room, I'm feeling anxious and my body doesn't want to do it but my mind tells me I need to do it.

She demonstrates a few moves and I copy but the way I do it makes me look like a fish out of water, these aren't even fighting moves or positions yet this is simple muscle building excersises.

Damn it, it was harder than I though and this was the beginning.

"Hey it'll get better" she assures me when I rub my throbbing butt.

Several times I fell on my butt, couple on my back and a few face on.

"I'll never get the hang of this," I sigh "but I won't give up".

She looks at me with pride and holds a hand down for me to take, I reluctantly take it and she hoists me up.

"That's my girl. Remember you missed training all your life and you don't really have... the werewolf traits" she says cautiously. I give her a smile that means I don't really mind because why would I when I have the most loving people around me, I would never give them up just for strength and power.

"And that is why I'm building muscles before I can fight" I position myself again.

She read a magazine while she was with me, I think she figured out she wasn't going to get anywhere until she was sure I got the hang of the basics, I was failing at the moment.

Sports was one thing but muscle building exercise on me is like hell.
_______

Couple of hours and Val called it quits, although I wanted to carry on I couldn't ignore my aching body anymore.

I nod and fall down on the floor lying down catching my breathe I was so tired, Val flops down next to me and turns to face me.

"Be truthful how well did I do?" I ask hand on my forehead.

She held her breathe then sighed, not a good sign.

"Honestly you did better than a five year old in human form but if that five year old was to shift you would drop down dead".

I stared at the ceiling and groaned, time is what I need and I needed alot of it.

"I appreciate your honesty not so much your bluntness" I mutter before getting up.

She chuckles... more like snorts. "Hey I'm the complete package of annoying and truthful.

I roll my eyes playfully at her.